my lupo

timmy

so once again my lupos broken, i havent even had it 6 months and its been in the garage for work 4 times and its booked in on tuesday because its broken again.

i got a loan out to buy a newer car because i thought it would be more reliable, but no its let me down again.

sorry for sounding so angry but i have to vent somewhere, i have plans for the weekend and everything just so annoyed, i think once its fixed ill sell it (for a lot less than i payed for it) then ill get a mk2 golf or something easy to work on and easily modifiable

p.s oh yeah i just found out i cant even hire a car to get around because im 19 more anger

im not even sure whats up with it but i think its electrical wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

just runs really rough and the emmisions warning light is flashing

more annoying because i have to re arrange loads of things i had planned

Looks like youve just found a bad lupo, dont hear of many owners having lots of problems and are usually just the common things like pedal boxes etc.

I had my fair share of problems with my 1.0 arosa, but they are all sorted now and it goes like a dream. My TDi has never put a foot wrong in 10K. My problems didnt put me off my car though, and i bought another one as well.

Good luck with ur car anyway

p.s oh yeah i just found out i cant even hire a car to get around because im 19 more anger

Is this with VW?

If so its rubbish.

VW told me the same thing a couple of years ago as my wife was 19 at the time.

I pointed out if she is old enough to buy a car from them, shes old enough for a courtesy car.

Needless to say, a 1.4 TDI Polo was dropped off at our house.

Is this with VW?

If so its rubbish.

I pointed out if she is old enough to buy a car from them, shes old enough for a courtesy car.

You have to be 24 to be covered on their insurance, some insurances cover loan cars, but it must be fully comp, thats the only way i could get a loan car when i was 18.

Is this with VW?

If so its rubbish.

no its not vw they told me ages ago i couldnt have one, this was some other hire company who suggested that id thrash a hire car around because im male and 19 years old mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

some other hire company who suggested that id thrash a hire car around because im male and 19 years old

Umm, that's what (nearly) everyone does with a hire car... I'm a fair bit older than 19, and i found out that a pug 107 will do 35 in first, and 65 in second... *ahem*

I bought my Gti when I was 22. Had loads of courtesy cars from VW (and also 2 hire cars when they took ages to fix my car and said there was not a courtesy car). Always drove on their insurance and always did loads of miles in them. Never a problem.

this time its going to cost too much so im going to have to sell it!

ill post up whats wrong with it later when i find out for sure, if anyone wants a bargain lupo that just needs fixing up a little pm me

i know im going to lose a huge amount of money but i cant afford the repairs so thats the way it has to be

mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

mate i have a lupo gti and it is the worst car i have ever owned cant wait to get rid of it!!! just so you no your not the only one!

You're the first person I've heard say anything like that. What's wrong with it and what other cars have you had?

My lupo has had its fair share of problems (including several rather expensive ones) but its still the best car I've ever owned, the most fun I've ever had to drive and one of the reasons I'm no longer selling it is because I couldn't handle the thought of someone else driving my little car...

if anyone wants a bargain lupo that just needs fixing up a little

how cheap a bargain cheeky.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":cheeky:" border="0" alt="cheeky.gif" />

You're the first person I've heard say anything like that. What's wrong with it and what other cars have you had?

the first person thats admitted there not the trouble free car theyre made out to be by most? rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

but its still the best car I've ever owned, the most fun I've ever had to drive

what cars have you had before nicki if you dont mind me asking? just i have spoken to lads and girls raving about cars when the cars they had had previous have been bogo standard cars or sheds which gives a bad comparrison blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder

I'm not saying they're trouble free, but most of the problems seem to be small, niggly things.

Who's made them out to be trouble free? I'd guess that all problems with GTI's have been discussed on this forum.

Granted, I've only had one car before this, but that needed two head gaskets, a new exhaust, it would cut out randomly sometimes, the seat broke, and many other things. That was a 2000 mk2 Punto.

Had my Lupo for a year, and the only bad thing with it is the creaking from the boot area.

For me, the benefits of the Lupo GTI far outweigh the problems.

well look at people who own supercars they pay hundreds of thousands of pounds for them and yet there probebly the most unrealiable sort of car u can own. everycar has its own problems, my gti isnt a 100% perfect but by god i love it!