Yaris SR 131bhp

that is a crap car. that 0-62 time of 9.3!?!??!what?!from 131bhp!oh dear. my mates mondeo 2.0 would see that off and it weighs twice as much!haha

that is a crap car. that 0-62 time of 9.3!?!??!what?!from 131bhp!oh dear. my mates mondeo 2.0 would see that off and it weighs twice as much!haha

This made me laugh..

The Yaris 1.8 SR benefits from lowered suspension (by 8mm)

That 0-60 time can't be right surely!?!?!? 100Bhp will get you to 60 quicker than that in a Lupo, which must be heavier than a Yaris?

Or the Yaris must be geared wrong.

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK

That 0-60 time can't be right surely!?!?!? 100Bhp will get you to 60 quicker than that in a Lupo, which must be heavier than a Yaris?

Or the Yaris must be geared wrong.

NOCK

What the hell are you on? No way is a Lupo heavier than a new Yaris.

I saw this Yaris in Fleet News last week and thought 131bhp was a bit poo these days. Then I thought "didn't Toyota get 190bhp out of the 1.8 in the Celica?". Maybe there's more on its way...

I think this is clearly no hot hatch, I think Autocar reviewed it last week or the week before.

Like those adverts though, especially the shop lifting one. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'd say it's more about smooth power than all out speed with this model, I reckon a 190bhp t-sport with the celica engine will be on it's way any time now, which should be nice.

recently had a test drive in a previous generation t-sport which is a 1.5 (103bhp) and I have to say I was a little disappointed in the power delivery, even in the vvti band there didn't seem to be much guts... maybe I'm just spoilt with the tdi's torque nowadays??

that lowering of 8mm will make it so much better than if it wasnt lowered....imagine what it was like before the 8mm was slashed off...'golly'!hahahaah

I saw this Yaris in Fleet News last week and thought 131bhp was a bit poo these days.

Its a small hatch with more power than a Lupo GTI!

It should be sweeter to drive at low revs, but you think its not enough power?

Hows that work out?

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

that lowering of 8mm will make it so much better than if it wasnt lowered....imagine what it was like before the 8mm was slashed off...'golly'!hahahaah

it's not really about how much they have lowered it by though. they may have used different shocks that would give it a completely different ride, even at near original height, it may have thicker ARB's, etc.

Edited by Adam K

Its a five door!

For a five door I think it looks great!

The parkers guide pictures show a 3 dr & a 5 dr, so i guess it comes in both, either that or they have been playing with photoshop biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

the current top of the range is the 1.8SR though the SR spec can be had with a range of other engines too including the diesel so it's really just a sporty body kit, larger wheels and a slightly larger engine option rather than a gti version though that could be on the cards later on.