Lupo Sport Mpg

muzzy

Im getting around 190-200 miles from 33 litres in my 1.4 sport. (27.5mpg)

I dont have a heavy right foot..... surely it should be doing more than 27.5mpg

I only use the car for doing the commute to work 10 miles each way. Tyres are inlfated to correct pressure.

What could be causing it?

I had a timing belt change 6 months ago by peugeot .It was under warranty and looked dodgy so they changed it for free. My car has only done 34'000 miles

I get about 180 miles to a tank (full to light coming on) in my GTI, not driven exactly economically. Works out at about 30MPG I think.

Would have thought you should get a lot more than that in a Sport, especially if you're not ragging it everywhere.

I get about 180 miles to a tank (full to light coming on) in my GTI, not driven exactly economically. Works out at about 30MPG I think.

Would have thought you should get a lot more than that in a Sport, especially if you're not ragging it everywhere.

i get about the same as that philip in my gti.

although that is all around town. when i get on a bit of a run i normally get 230+.

id definately say yours should be doing more than that. try running on higher octane petrol. may make a difference

Thats all i put in.... BP 97ron (ultimate)

I wonder if when peugeot have put the new timing belt on the timing is not quite right. (i bought the car from a peugeot main dealers)

and my driving style isn't the most economical in the world.

I think the reason why may be that 10 miles each way isn't that far, the engine can take anything up to 3 miles to warm up, and if your using the sport in commuter traffic every day the stop start motoring is going to ruin the economy.

yea I get about 200 miles out of £22. I like to put my foot down sometimes biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I get average 240-260 miles to a tank in my sport using shell vpower (99RON) and fully synthetic oil.

That's what i get, 45 mile round trip to work and back, mostly motorways. Usually 220 to the light then another 25-30 miles.

I work all my mpg's out with a spreadsheet and currently it's reading 37.56, and that was 252.0 to £26.50 worth of fuel. Best i have had was 41mpg but that was all steady motorway travelling back from down south last summer.