selling our gti [i cant do it]

johnnebgood

just got the M.O.T sorted she need 2 new front tyres. so thought of selling .went to see a Toyota today

there new aygo sport. my wife she wasn't to impressed. [she loves the loop.] the guys at the showroom very impressed with the condition of our baby. offered in trade in £6100 . but the guy said worth private 7000 to 7500. decided NO CANT SELL. GOING TO GET A COUPLE OF NEW TYRES KEEP HER. a little longer . i have a feeling these cars are going to seriously go up in value. where as the Toyota will bomb soon as its off the forecourt. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK .OUR LOOP IS A REAL NICE EXAMPLE ONLY 11800 FROM NEW ONE OWNER FULL VAG HISTORY . I TALKED MY SELF IN TO KEEPING HER . wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

for a start id say an aygo is a very poor replacement of a lupo gti it is in no way in the same league on performance/quality/build or specification you could do far better and im not a great fan of this VAG build quality

get the tyres and keep her as long as its been a good generally trouble free car so far? better the devil you know in my oppinion

i feel personally the gti as with others of similar range will go down in value same as other cars they can now be picked up on a 51 plate for £5k or less but i imagine in years to come when they eventually get classed as classics they may go up in value same as a Mk1 mini cooper S can now go for anything upto £20k for example

wayne

Yeah you cant possibly compare the two cars, your Lupo GTI will be a nice car in years to come, a classic infact when that Aygo is just gonna be a pile of junk with no scene to keep it going.

Dont know about value going up, but value will hold very well when the GTI's are nearly all written off/falling to pieces.

Also swapping that VW badge for a Toyota badge, youve got to be joking.

just got the M.O.T sorted she need 2 new front tyres. so thought of selling .went to see a Toyota today

there new aygo sport. my wife she wasn't to impressed. [she loves the loop.] the guys at the showroom very impressed with the condition of our baby. offered in trade in £6100 . but the guy said worth private 7000 to 7500. decided NO CANT SELL. GOING TO GET A COUPLE OF NEW TYRES KEEP HER. a little longer . i have a feeling these cars are going to seriously go up in value. where as the Toyota will bomb soon as its off the forecourt. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK .OUR LOOP IS A REAL NICE EXAMPLE ONLY 11800 FROM NEW ONE OWNER FULL VAG HISTORY . I TALKED MY SELF IN TO KEEPING HER . wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

I would be interested in buying mate if you do consider, got cash waiting for the right car. I can assure you I aint a tyre kicker, my girlfriend keeps nicking mine and I seriously need 1 asap.

Just a thought if you do want to get rid, put my name down first!

in all fairness i have a GTi and my brother has a C1 and if i was to use my car once a week i'd take the c1 - quite nippy for what they are, no rattles or anything, superb fuel efficiency, bigger boot than my lupo -cant go wrong really

no cheers mate but we are keeping her. 11800 miles from new must be the best original example in the UK the world the planet. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I hope shes getting warmed up properly though wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> A low mileage one that gets used for 4 miles a week isn't necessarily in better running order than a well kept and used Lupo, all in my opinion though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

4 miles a week god never looked at it that way .er in doors she could easily walk up the hill with one of those tesco shopping trolleys .the ones that are in EVERY brook\canal in the country. i will put it to her in the morning. AFTER lunch .before might get it over my head . blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Adam i thought my maths was bad what school did you go to .you need a new battery in your calculator mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

4 miles a week god never looked at it that way .er in doors she could easily walk up the hill with one of those tesco shopping trolleys .the ones that are in EVERY brook\canal in the country. i will put it to her in the morning. AFTER lunch .before might get it over my head . blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Adam i thought my maths was bad what school did you go to .you need a new battery in your calculator mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i make it 45.384615 miles per week wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

erm i think you missed Adam's point there!!! rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

anyway sounds like its been looked after good decision to keep smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

A low mileage one that gets used for 45 miles a week isn't necessarily in better running order than a well kept and used Lupo

agreed my arosa has done 16,000miles on a 53 plate, mothers has done 12000 on a 54 plate and mine is without doubt the better car

wayne

has anyone seen the parkers market comment which i saw in this months parkers guide in the shops? it says the" gti is impossible to sell for decent money". i dont know what this means or if its true. i dont understand it. and in fact as a statement its probably means nothing in reality.

Edited by qually

yes but to be bruttaly honest how long do they take to sell? Joe has what seems from pictures iv seen to be a very nice example of a black LUPO GTi and is for sale for reasonable money yet over a month later and he still has it confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> its not the price nor the condition IMO its the genral market

wayne

in all fairness i have a GTi and my brother has a C1 and if i was to use my car once a week i'd take the c1 - quite nippy for what they are, no rattles or anything, superb fuel efficiency, bigger boot than my lupo -cant go wrong really

Im sure the boot is smaller on the C1!, and its not easy to load because of the big drop into the boot.

I had a 107 for a few days as a loan car, and i hated it, i liked the look of the C1 and still do but after driving the pug version i wouldnt look twice.

My experience with the 107 might just have been because of a bad car, but i wouldnt have been able to hear any rattles if there were any, due to the extra loud exhaust and the road noise at speed. Sounded like it didnt have a back box, i didnt check to see if it did though wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Also the little things that are taken for granted on the arosa/lupo (memory seats when adjusted to allow rear passeneger in, good build quality, big car feel, comfort, good seats, great long distance ability) were missing.

It was also bright red and i felt a bit embarrassed driving it, but it was a very good town car as its so small and easy to park, and good on fuel, but i didnt like the engine as much as my 1.0 arosa, so a good choice to keep your GTi IMO smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Chris

Edited by cardaft

my uncle has swapped his saxo furio 1.4 8v for a Pug 107 5 door and its ghastly thing sick.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":sick:" border="0" alt="sick.gif" /> if i had it id be driving round like this > paperbag.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":paperbag:" border="0" alt="paperbag.gif" /> they IMO are an overpriced poor quality car

wayne

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e89/john...pg?t=1167584172

spent a couple of hours valeting our loop. going to change round the wheels\ tyres tomorrow to squeeze out a few more miles. looked in the boot no jack or wheel nut spanner. have they been nicked.

happy new year johnny

you get a spanner but no jack or wheel removing tool as there is no spare. you also get a 2 sided screwdriver thing with the spanner and a compressor with tyre inflate repair stuff. i also think you should get a mini fire extinguisher/warning triangle? seen a photo of one in a gti and i have big space still in my foam box thing for them, it might be only non uk market lupo that get them as all cars have to have them by law, except in the uk which doesnt mind if you get burnt or driven into.

Edited by qually

My experience with the 107 might just have been because of a bad car, but i wouldnt have been able to hear any rattles if there were any, due to the extra loud exhaust and the road noise at speed. Sounded like it didnt have a back box, i didnt check to see if it did though wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Might be due to the throbby daihatsu 1.0litre they use in them, i've driven a sirion with the same engine, and its quite characterful, but a bit loud!