Wheel spin wheel spin wheel spin.

Dubweiser

I found my T1-R's much safer when i dont use the car huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Agree laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Well being a TDI, i have had a few problems getting the low down power down due to the torque.

But hasn't been to bad, really does depend on the road.

However really got to learn more about how the car handles lately, seems like VW/Seat made the handling 'safe'. wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

I have T1Rs on mine, Not to bad if you take it easy of the line, try to hard and plenty of wheel spin.

I find it much better to drive progressively in this weather, smooth driving more looking out for the other road users at this time of year as there are some real idiots at this time of year not leaving enough space to break safely etc. Also had a lot of ice where I live and an abundance of coppers, been stopped 3 times in as many weeks.

Anyhow, I am by no means a nanny, I like to drive as fast as the road allows & in our current climate greasy, icy roads dictate careful monitoring of your speed.

So drive careful kids!!!

PS happy Christmas

the fronts do have more tread on but that goes as well its only started doing it the last couple of weeks otherwise it was great on corners never under or over steered at all! getting used to it now though and having fun with the local boy racing chav's in their saxo's,corsa's and metro's getting it sideways when they are up my ass round the corners blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> its great to see their reactions rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

just looked i'm running on firestone fuel savers sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> mind you couldn't fault them before now

i drove to pick up a few mates tonight and realised it that i could make around roundabouts at 40 ne more and pulling the handbrake made it worse totally lost control and did a 360 behind an ambulance blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

suppose it was a safe place to do it due to the ambulance being there sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i drove to pick up a few mates tonight and realised it that i could make around roundabouts at 40 ne more and pulling the handbrake made it worse totally lost control

Arent you the wise one...

better to have the ass end out in the wet than have the front end go on you. At least it can be controlled. The best thing is it put tyres with allot of tread on the front and near slicks on the back. It fun!!!!!

No actually loss of traction to the front wheels will just result in understeer and reduced braking which is easily controllable, loss of traction to the rear wheels and thats a way different story when your pushing the limits. It's far easier to write your car off with bald rear tyres than bald fronts, and if you dont believe that then you just carry on mate laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

If the front end looses traction you get understeer so you just simply ease off abit not a problem, but what are you gonna do if the rear just suddenly goes on you ? well youll end up spinning like Mr P here.

This is exactly the reason to put new tyres to the rear, but thats a whole other argument for some people hence why i wont even bother to discuss that coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

Edited by LoopGTI

it normally copes with that with ease as it was a fairly big roundabout even in the wet wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

When pulling off fast or just pulling off on the greasy roads mine will sometimes wheelspin properly but does sometimes (well quite often) kind of quite harshly judder and shake.

Feels maybe like the gearbox moving and the drivetrain trying to rip itself apart. Doesn't feel good!!!

Anyone got any idea as to what this could be and if me doing this will be causing damage??

Thanks, Sam.

When pulling off fast or just pulling off on the greasy roads mine will sometimes wheelspin properly but does sometimes (well quite often) kind of quite harshly judder and shake.

Feels maybe like the gearbox moving and the drivetrain trying to rip itself apart. Doesn't feel good!!!

Anyone got any idea as to what this could be and if me doing this will be causing damage??

Thanks, Sam.

Same happens to me. The hole car shakes lol

Clutch judder maybe?

Or worn suspension bushes?

Chris

Hello again cannon man. well at least its not just me that is reassuring smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Yea the whole car shakes and judders. Doesn't feel good at all sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Mmmm.. could be clutch or bushes?? Can anyone else enlighten this subject??

Thanks, Sam.

Ah right. Is this definitely all it is then?

Is it causing any damage at all to the car when it does it. Strange it only does it some of the time... must just be different road surfaces.

Thanks, Sam.

it normally copes with that with ease as it was a fairly big roundabout even in the wet wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You should ALWAYS have good tread on your rear tyres, fitting new tyres to the rear will makesure of this wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Dont get the wrong end of the stick, im not sayin have crap tread on the front tyres. All your tyres should have good tread, but the rear tyres are most important.

You know exactly how far you can push front tyres because you can feel it so easy and it's easy to control. Rears will just step out on you this is harder to control, sometimes impossible to control. Depends what speed your doing, what bend, depth of water on the road.

In the interest of safety, fit new tyres to rear. Even tyre manufacturures will tell you that.

You should ALWAYS have good tread on your rear tyres, fitting new tyres to the rear will makesure of this wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Dont get the wrong end of the stick, im not sayin have crap tread on the front tyres. All your tyres should have good tread, but the rear tyres are most important.

You know exactly how far you can push front tyres because you can feel it so easy and it's easy to control. Rears will just step out on you this is harder to control, sometimes impossible to control. Depends what speed your doing, what bend, depth of water on the road.

In the interest of safety, fit new tyres to rear. Even tyre manufacturures will tell you that.

thats just it the rears have roughly 6-7 mm on them so it not as if they are close to the limit and it still does this got it sussed now though plus it doesnt seem as bad since i serviced it though still does it now and again blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />