Lupo GTI Turbo conversion

Tigz™

im looking forward to seeing it finished i must say, ......i bet its been off the road longer than it has been on the road from new has it andi!??

shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

To finish the car I need to sell the Polo, but to sell the Polo I need to replace the gearbox.

Some twit has stolen the knackered 'box, and the replacment 'box Id bought!

Ive not made a start with the wiring as yet, although the guy who has my car has just set on a VW techniction.

He starts a week on Monday, and my car will be his project so fingers crossed he understands how the standard wiring works lol

I really need to take a few days off work and head up there to get it done.

Including the car fire, its been off the road more than its been on it yes laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• 1 month later...

Not had the time to update this, and still don't so a quick run down on the latest.

Travelled to Scotland with the last few parts and my new engine.

The mechanic was pretty pissed, as he'd just finished re-building the car!

Spoke in some lengths with the bodyshop guy about what I wanted.

Still can not decide on a colour, thought I had but Emma does not like it.

This also throws a spanner in the works, as the colour choice had made the decision on the wheels, now the colour is being changed again, then the wheels wont work.

The new starter is a ex VW mechanic, who has been put in charge of the wiring, hes not looking forward to it!

Engine is out, engine bay painted, and the new Polo lump is being fitted this week.

I've got to decide on a colour by next week!

Car was looking more like a car again though, obviously the interior is still out, and the front bodywork is off the car, but somehow it gave me a little hope!

Hopefully be ready for E38.

Bring it on!

No not really.

I wanted white, with red Motorsport wheels but she doesnt like it.

I like the gun metal grey Mustang from Gone in 60 seconds.

Possably some sort of dark purple.

Possably raven Blue.

Other than that Im open to suggestions!

No not really.

I wanted white, with red Motorsport wheels but she doesnt like it.

I like the gun metal grey Mustang from Gone in 60 seconds.

Possably some sort of dark purple.

Possably raven Blue.

Other than that Im open to suggestions!

Is your wife going to be driving the car?.......even if she is then i'd still go for the colour you wanted

White with red wheels it is then (or maybe black wheels) biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Purple sounds gay

The problem is the Lupo is her name.

We bought the car for her, I just stole it after a couple of week laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Everyone I know agrees it should be white.

Im trying to talk them into telling her that!

If your going to the trouble of a colour change I'd be looking at a non-lupo colour to set it apart.

Yes I agree, may as well make it different to the rest.

The grey sounds nice. Do you have any pics of cars in the colours you are thinking of? Get some photoshops of yours done maybe??

1. Candy white.

2. Some knd of dark grey.

3. Someone say bronze...nice. I nearly bought a Nova GTE in limited bronze standard colour once, was nice actually.

As others have said andy personally i would go with a non lupo colour as no offence here but if you were at e38 for example and parked next to dash people passing by would just think you have a different bumpers and wheels

you said you liked purple? i have just got another car (yes i have as many as you now) its a Rover mini equinox LE and is rover Amaranth pearl its a heavily pearlescent purple which flips to dark metalic blue its georgeous colour and really shows the lines of the car

i think it would look great on your lupo if you had a good job done

pl_equinox_rear.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

and then click this and clikc onthe pics on the right to see them large PURPLE EQUINOX

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder

How about a dark aubergine colour...

Aubergine%20111S.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

...purple-ish, but not so 'in your face'. Would look nice with anthracite wheels.

Ray

PS and they did the last model Polo in a similar shade.

VW-POLO-13-0.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

There's a couple in Perth and they look nice!

Edited by Silver!

That looks very nice, Im just not sure if I could like with purple for a long period of time.

Ive got no plans to ever get rid of this car, so I want it to look good in a few years time.

Engine bays painted, GTI engine going in next week smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Silver, was it you that wanted this engine I have?