gentleman - do you electric or wet shave?

Adam K

well, ever since i started shaving i've always used an electric razor, one of those philishave 3 spinny blade thingys worth about £60. it's always given a good shave and it makes life easy if i got away anywhere and need to shave conveniently without slapping foam or gel all over my face.

lately just out of boredom i started wondering why so many people decide to wet shave rather than use an electric razor, so i bought a wilkinson sword titanium with 4 blades.

now i bought some king of shaves gel with it and i'm not that impressed. yeah i get a much closer shave than with the electric razor, but sometimes i'm still ending up tearing a chunk out of my face.

so my question is this...

what razor and gel/foam/cream combo do you use?

I use a Braun Cruzer 3, but mainly because you can trim the stubble rather than taking it clean off as I look about 12 years old clean shaven.

Wet shaves definitely closer, but I can get away with shaving once a week laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

nothing like lathering up a bit of badger in the morning. Don't always have the time or inclanation though. Got a braun beard trimmer that can trim down to short stubble which is a good lazy weekend option and a braun electric razor that works well but grows back to quickly to give 2pm shadow though it depends what the smoothness is for - can always give it a quick going over before seeing the gf.

I use a Gillette Fusion and either the Gillette Conditioning gel or Nivea cooling/menthol gel (Bright blue can). The Fusion is a good razor but sometimes it feels a little too chunky, plus the blades are so expensive, although the single blade on the back to trim your sideburns etc is a neat touch and it saves you tearing chunks in your boards! I never get razor burn (very rarely anyway!) with the above combo and my stubble is dark and thick. I also recommend using Gillette Cooling After Shave Balm.

I generally use an electric razor, purely for the convenience and the fact that it saves time when your in a hurry. If i've got more time i will wet shave as the results are a lot better.

I generally use an electric razor, purely for the convenience and the fact that it saves time when your in a hurry. If i've got more time i will wet shave as the results are a lot better.

why'd you change your name? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I am using a wilkinson sword quattro and king of shaves (green squeezy tub) I use every morning, seems fine to me, much easier than the mach 3 I had before. I always shave in the shower rather than over a sink as it seems much easier/less irritiation, even without a mirror.

I wet shave. I've only ever tried an electric razor once and my face felt so, so sore afterwards for days, I vouched never again. Mind you, it wasn't an expensive one, but I don't want to spend £60+ on a good one and find out I don't like it.

I have tried various fixed blade "new" razors from various manufacturers, but the blades are so expensive.

I have been buying and using the same disposable razors for about 5 years now. They are the Gillete blue 2 plus slalom disposables. I use them with Gillete sensitive shave gel. I find nothing gets closer and my soothes my skin as much. I have tried king of shaves products but didn't rate them. My skin is too sensitive.

adam i think it will be a lot smoother if you just wax your legs. not to sure how shaved leg will look in that skirt you wear on a friday night. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

nar iam using the gillette orange fusion thing they are ok just i carnt be asked to shave everyday but to be honest its just a wast of money, just like a other one just with a new fancy design and package

mach3 with nivea foam.. thought about getting one of the new fusion ones to see what all the fuss is about.

dont like electric as they pinch the skin.. and only get a rash if the blades blunt or my skin isnt hot enough for the pores to open properly..

as for disposables... worst thing they invented imo, rip me to bits, horrible things - how women can use them i dont know

Edited by andyp

Wet shave in the shower with any body wash or shaving foam. Then a quick check in the mirror for any missed areas. I use a Wilkinson twin blade razor as all the other ones seem to get blocked quickly. Shave every other day as like a little bit of stubble so I can say 'itchy chin' and make hand gestures to work colleagues coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

How do you manage it without a mirror confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

I've just got used to it i guess, plus if I miss a bit one day I'll probably catch it the next day smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Electric shave aswell, tho i got a better shave with a razor but i allways cut my self!

With the electric shaver i allways come out with a bit of a rash on my neck, any recomendations to stop the soreness?

i get soreness after electric shave also luke.

i use nivea aftershave balm, i think thats what its called, in a small white bottle

soothes the skin and reduces the redness smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

works for me anyway tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />