Leddy's GTI

leddy

they look cool smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> nice and subtle but really effective

£60 is about the right price mate, i work at a sign company and thats about 2 meteres worth of vinyl and its around £25 per metre and then they must have whacked a tenner on for fitting. looks good smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

soo if anyone wants any more wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> come see me hehe

nahhh im joking lol let leddy be unique smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by ---Carl---

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nahhh im joking lol let leddy be unique smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

cheers mate thats what i like to hear!! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

is this a first on a gti?

no problem smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

looks like the first yeah, would be strange to see another one with the same thing if uve had it custom done ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> lol

looks like the first yeah, would be strange to see another one with the same thing if uve had it custom done ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> lol

good point laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i was meaning just having stripes btw laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I like the way the pinstripes hide the crease you get with the skirts on a GTi. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Personally I prefer a smooth badge-free and sticker-free look but I can see why you've done it.

Looks cool. thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

Think Dubya has something similar on his GTI though, so not a first.

They don't hide the crease, they're slightly below it. And GTI's don't have skirts, it's the sills, the crease is just decorative.

Edited by philip_wilkinson1

well gave her a bit of a clean today. and took her up a bit of a hill on the nearby welsh border for some pics.

although she got filthy on the way up!! CIMG0149.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

CIMG0144.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

CIMG0140.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

CIMG0138.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

looks nice matey, makes it look unique! Wish i had a GTI!

cheers mate! you cant go far wrong with a gti. its the only car i have ever owned and not got bored with laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Hi,

Sorry if this isnt the righ place to post but been searching the forum for ages...

Need help with instructions of the respray on your wheels they look like a pro job.. an I have one wheel that I am slowly working up courage to doing myself, on my gti but would like some advice first.. confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Also loving the pics looks a tidy motor.. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

how have you found the coillies? am thinking of putting some on mine but am not a fan of a bone crunching ride at 5:30 in a morn on the 4mile journey to work....

Cheers

Rye

cheers rye.

the wheels were quite simple to do really. i wouldnt say they are perfect but i am happy with them.

i just bought the following

1. acid etch primer ( for heavy kerbed points )

2. Normal Primer

3. Paint Colour

4. Clear Lacquer

just give the wheels a good rub down with some wet and dry paper. using various grades. u want a rough finish but not a heavily scratched finish so not too rough.

then clean them off with some paint prep wipes or similar. then begin spraying. i did 2 coats of primer 2/3 colour and 2 of lacquer.

so far they have held up well. they may need a touch up doing in the spring just to get them looking mint again! but im happy with them.

i seem to remember philip_wilkinson did a pretty good how to on wheels. he helped me out with mine a bit as he has done his biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

The coilovers are not that rough at all. the front is set to the softest setting and is not much stiffer than standard to be honest. the backs are still quite stiff but it does drive nice. you would be impressed!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

hope this helps a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

its been a while since some new pics went up so here you go. these are from a few weeks back.

IMG_0873.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0872.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0859.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

and a couple with my mates S3

IMG_0855.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0854.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

look how dated the old S3 looks now compared to the gti

I dont think it looks dated, two very different types of car that still look fresh in my view.

The lupo looks more unique though.

Looks really smart. Any other plans line up then?

a few things planned yeah. a new exhaust will be on the way soon. not sure who to get to make one yet though.

a couple more styling mods i think but nothing too in your face.dont like to disclose too much! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />