My Yaris T-Sport....Again - New Pics Page 4

tom199

looking cool mate - love the bonnet - look a good fit too - the racers look great against the bodywork. only thing i'm not sure about is rear little splitters....overall lokking great though. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like it mucho matey! - my bro has still got his.

is that similar to the booster front spoiler? it looks pretty tasty!! - take the rub stips off though mate! honestly you wont regret it!! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

and also where did you get the clear fog lamp lens from!!!????? he has wanted one for ages!!

Edited by payna

like it mucho matey! - my bro has still got his.

is that similar to the booster front spoiler? it looks pretty tasty!! - take the rub stips off though mate! honestly you wont regret it!! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

and also where did you get the clear fog lamp lens from!!!????? he has wanted one for ages!!

No, the booster one is smaller and rounder whereas mine sticks out further forward and wraps around more, and also mine is 2 seperate pieces that blend together under the centre of the front bumper.

and the clear foglight, just get him to go to his Toyota dealer and ask for a LHD reversing lens unit wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> they'll have to special order it for him, and will be around £25 including a bulb, but obviously you'll need to paint the bulb red wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> hope this helps you

thanks for the info tom, he will appreciate it! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

also what induction kit have you got in there? my bro has got an apexi and swears by it!

keep up the good work! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Edited by payna

thanks for the info tom, he will appreciate it! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

also what induction kit have you got in there? my bro has got an apexi and swears by it!

keep up the good work! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

No problems!

I've got the Blitz SUS Induction kit. The roar it gives is just incredible, whats the Apexi like?

his apexi sounds really nice, with standard exhaust. sounds like it just wants to keep reving higher all the time! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> - nice and throaty!

i remember hearing a sound clip of the blitz on a yaris t-sport on the toyota owners forum ages ago and it sounds pretty much the same.

also a point to mention is that its a dry filter too - so no problems with the airflow sensor playing up! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by payna

Looks awesome mate. Love the new wheels (wasn't a huge fan of the gold ones) bonet really suits it as well. I think a carbon bonnet on a black car works better because it's a bit more subtle than it is on a brightly coloured car.

Engine cover looks ace too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car lovin the look.

I have never liked them rims but they really do suit the car.

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 months later...

Remember this?

dsc005456ze.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Well, I'm afraid due to an idiotic drunk, my Yaris is now somewhat wrecked.

Was coming round a corner, only for an idiotic drunk man to be walking in the middle of the road as I'm coming round the corner, swerved to avoid him, lost the rear end and hit a kerb on the other side of the road, which then sent me spinning back onto the correct side of the road, through a tree, across a load of grass backwards, and into a wall. Note how close that lampost is to the skidmarks.

But hey at least I'm alive

Here's a few pictures

dsc022399jv.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

untitled15ua.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

dsc022412yg.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

dsc022379lw.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

dsc022558yz.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

dsc022531aq.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by tom199

not good, damage looks fairly superficial though so shoudl be repairable? no damage underneath or oil on the kerb so assume the engine and chassis are probably ok?

guess it will be coming out of your insurance though sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

did the police say anything, hope they didn't do you for bald tyres (fronts look a bit illegal)

edit- shows the benefit of stability control, the one time you need it it's worth having.

Edited by Crusoe

oh no! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

looks like you were lucky to get out un hurt sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

any witnesses?

Jen x

oh no! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

looks like you were lucky to get out un hurt sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

any witnesses?

Jen x

Look at the run off area he had, no chance of him getting hurt imho, and the passenger occupied areas of the car are mint. That said, nasty little bump, ouch.

Did you keep hold of the drunk until the boys in blue turned up? Did he stop his drunken wander to come over and check you were ok?

I'm not entirely sure he could be charged with anything, but I'm sure the Police must have given him a talking to, although I bet they did the same to you, given where the accident happened.

i meant if he ended up wrapped around the lamp post or if the wall was a bit closer!

Ah, I see. That said, at 30mph (I'm presuming that road is a 30) you could hit that wall or post and come away fine I'd have thought. Going into the water on the other side however, is a different matter!

bad luck mate ive experienced a bad crash and know how bad it is and id say you will still be in shock i was for the next two weeks still shaking sometimes but remember you are alive and thats what matters

the car is bad i do body repair and know that most of the damage will be on the crumple zone absorbtion parts such as the inner wings etc where its designed to crumple to absorb ennergy but id still have a look at repairing it so all may not be lost there, heard anything from insurance on that?

And id want that drunk charged for being drunk and dissordorly at the very least if not him being charged for being the cause of the accident if possible theres far too many piss heads causing accident like this these days

good luck with the car etc

wayne

OMG noo! Such a cool car too sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

I hope you've learned from this...

Drunk men in the road - Its safer to knock them down.

Edited by nfbr