Dump ass lady that knows nothing (I'm better at body work)

KimmyJFK

Just wondering how you guys deal with performance.

I have a 1.0litre Arosa and looking under the bonnet i know the normal routine oil, brake fluid, washer blah blah....

Is there anything you can do to the one litre Arosa to make it perform better... I go on the motorway a hell of alot and for a car with a max speed of something like 96mph it sturggles like buggery?!

Any Ideas chaps... just need a quick fix really that won't damage my insurance too much!!!!

Car04-06092.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />Car04-06071.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

You watch it something posted up already i will have to have a goosey gander

Edited by KimmyJFK

Andi (Tigz) will probably know quite a bit on this as he has a 1.0litre when it works, I unfortuantely are also useless to a certain extent when it comes to the technical stuff.

a remap may have some effect but im not sure whether insurance wise you'd be better upgrading to a 1.4s/sport or 1.4tdi or 1.7sdi etc for motorway use.

An exhaust will make it worse on motorway driving.

I've tried two types, (free flow, and a more restricive system) and both made for torque-less engine revs.

Not much you can do other than try and save weight.

hahaha so it's a fold down the seats jbby and take out the spare wheel

ahh fair enough i'll be doing something to it at some point just not decided what yet?! Lovely little car can't fault them apart from the noise on a motorway blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> but other then that! awesome little motors!

Edited by KimmyJFK

Lovely little car can't fault them apart from the noise on a motorway blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> but other then that! awesome little motors!

Crank up the volume....that should sort it! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

the max speed in the 1litres only something like ( acording to the book ) about 97mph laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , i have had the indicated 100 out of mine but it screams at you and then you can actually watch the petrol needle go down laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dear ........ i still remember that corsa owner thinking that folding there seats flat helped the power to weight ratio.....

tbh you would need to strip the interior bear as in NO rear seats

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dear ........ i still remember that corsa owner thinking that folding there seats flat helped the power to weight ratio.....

tbh you would need to strip the interior bear as in NO rear seats

Thats what post i read I was absoulty peeing myself with laughter over that one...... Sorry i don't actually mean put the seats done realistically..... ok not helping myself here...

Was taking the mickey out of the corsa dude.

I'm not the only one that screams the balls off my car then!! I have had more then 97mph out of it but it screamed shock abit and then I did notice the petrol go down and thought i better not! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by KimmyJFK

haha, petrol is there to be burnt. hhaha. its all about cruising at 75 with the occassional burst of speed.(haha i say speed, i really meen the occassional foot down moment,) biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> just to show those fiesta drivers it can be done. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Was taking the mickey out of the corsa dude.

thats ok then laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> atleast you know what i am on about tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Just wondering how you guys deal with performance.

I have a 1.0litre Arosa ...

Hi Kimmy, nice clean motor.

I found this formula which may be of assistance:

formula.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

S! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> nice one ray laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Hi Kimmy, nice clean motor.

I found this formula which may be of assistance:

formula.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

S! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

hahahaha I should of expected that. ahh well i wouldn't be going on motorways much longer so I don't really need to worry... Just don't wanna push the car thats all... not paying £1k (estimate) for a blown up engine.

I think I got mine past 110mph once bouncing off the limiter down a hill....on a private road of course. Fastest I've seen the Sport at is approaching 130mph down the hangar straight at Silverstone biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> It would have eventually hit the limiter. Both of course are highly over reading...but fun all the same!

1.0 on nos ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

On my own runway I managed to get the Gti needle down to where the indicator light is. Extrapolating the clocks (last number is 140) this should be about 148mph. Revs were 7200+ but remember my redline is now higher than standard. Got a nice phot of the needle in that position as well (that I did not take...the passenger did).

I also know that my clocks under read as proven by clocking the car with a police car. Another story but they followed me and I stayed bang on 60mph. They pulled me and told me I had done bang on 70mph. I explained that I would be foolish to speed with them following me and I got let off with a recommendation to have my clocks checked.

On my own runway I managed to get the Gti needle down to where the indicator light is. Extrapolating the clocks (last number is 140) this should be about 148mph. Revs were 7200+ but remember my redline is now higher than standard. Got a nice phot of the needle in that position as well (that I did not take...the passenger did).

I also know that my clocks under read as proven by clocking the car with a police car. Another story but they followed me and I stayed bang on 60mph. They pulled me and told me I had done bang on 70mph. I explained that I would be foolish to speed with them following me and I got let off with a recommendation to have my clocks checked.

did you get them checked mate, coz I imagine its pretty bad in terms of speed cameras! sounds very impressive though

Pete