Philplop's Red GTI - SOLD!

Philplop

• 1 month later...

Was fed up with having wheels that seems compromised. They're either too skinny, or too wide and scrub, or have stretched tyres, or are polished (who can be arsed with polishing wheels all the time? :lol:)

So I painted some Bathursts satin black and stuck some Audi centrecaps on. Well, two Audi centrecaps, I only have 3, and that would make it look like there was just one missing. :rolleyes:

They have Goodyear Eagle F1's on. I'm impressed. It handled brilliantly on out recent drive round the Lakes, gripped like a bugger and we were pushing on, shall we say.

I don't like black wheels though. Should have done them silver. :doh::lol:

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

Oh, and I've lost yet another toe eye cover. :(

How many times have i said it handles best on the bathursts. And finally you believe me, i dont really like mine in satin black either, but they are so practical for the winter.

White would be ok, but black is much easier to keep clean in the winter. :) I only did them black as they'd already been powdercoated black when I got them, so thought it'd be easier. They came with the Audi centre's too.

Think I'll do my yellow ones silver later on.

I knew it handled best on the Bathursts, it just looks better on other stuff!

And yes Ray, think I'm gonna thin down the collection. Just need to decide what's staying for the Caddy once it's done and we can try some on, then I'll put some adverts up. Nobody ask for anything yet, otherwise you'll go to the bottom of the list. :P

And I bought Sophie something nice... Some wheels! :lol:

:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting, ive got a set of 4 in the shed. But i also have the wheels to go with them so no im not selling them. Ha!

unless you want to buy the wheels aswell Phill? convince your dad the caddy needs 18/8.5 lol

• 2 months later...

IMG_9026.jpg

:) Will be getting the rears done to match soon.

About time I got them in, I've had them since last December. :blush:

Oh. I'll have to decide what to do with the doorcards too. Think I'll get them done in the same grey cloth as the seats.

Edited by Philplop