Philplop's Red GTI - SOLD!

Philplop

i believe you may have been spotted on a motorway recently sir!!! i will confirm with my father, the spotter which one! :)

Well?... :P

I do fancy a VX, yeah, will have to see though, just an idea at the minute.

:-o is the Loop really on the way out? Have you finished Uni now then my dear fellow?

How much will you be asking for dear Loop....or for ANY of the wheels you possess at the momento?

Haha, yeah, I reckon it's gonna go, not sure how soon though.

Nope, at Uni part time resitting 2 modules that I failed, gonna be an eternal student I think... :lol:

I'm planning on putting it back to standard and putting it up for 6k ish.

Not sure what wheels I'm keeping for the caddy yet, need to get it back from being welded, then paint it and put it back together and try the wheels on to see which ones I like best, so it'll be a while.

Will probably sell the Exips and the Mono's though. Maybe the polished Estorils.

Haha, yeah, I reckon it's gonna go, not sure how soon though.

Nope, at Uni part time resitting 2 modules that I failed, gonna be an eternal student I think... :lol:

I'm planning on putting it back to standard and putting it up for 6k ish.

Not sure what wheels I'm keeping for the caddy yet, need to get it back from being welded, then paint it and put it back together and try the wheels on to see which ones I like best, so it'll be a while.

Will probably sell the Exips and the Mono's though. Maybe the polished Estorils.

Haha i thought i would be an eternal student at teesside aswell...i failed 2 unit in my final year and ive called it a day on that haha....Has Herkmenn gone yet? He kept talking about retiring the crazy old turk lol

The wheel sale will be major, youve got that many you whore lol...

:lol: He's still there, I bumped into him the other day, doesn't take me for any lectures now though because I'm on Instrumention.

I started the wheel clearout a week or so ago...

I bought 6 more and didn't sell any. :doh:

I know what you mean Noddy. :(

:lol: He's still there, I bumped into him the other day, doesn't take me for any lectures now though because I'm on Instrumention.

your plans were going to be great and now its never going to happen words fail me :(

Haha he is classic, "Anglo Saxons will all fail" they were pretty much his first words when he took me in first year....he wasnt wrong like :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good clear out matey! or erm....clear in?!? lol

:lol: He once said in our lecture to two foreign students "Oh, I'm glad I noticed you there, I was just about to say something derogatory about arabs", and called the half-thai lad a cocklepicker. :lol: What a legend.

your plans were going to be great and now its never going to happen words fail me :(

I know! Gutted, just picked them back up yesterday, didn't get the work done to them, so they're exactly as they were. Think I'm gonna keep them though.

And no, I'm not telling anybody else what they were. :P yet...

• 3 weeks later...

Love this rolling shot that Foxy took on the way down to UD.

rolling.jpg

That's the high side too! The passenger side is quite a bit lower at the front.

And I stuck to my word, I now have a small yellow 2 seater with no roof.

IMG_7626.jpg

:rolleyes::lol:

Oh, wait...

IMG_7658.jpg

:D

• 4 months later...

Guess who's back in the Lupo. :D

Felt good to drive it again, and really glad it didn't feel slow.

Insurance started yesterday, MOT was booked for this morning.

Got to the MOT place, and he said he couldn't do it as it's too low. He has a pit (which is why I thought he'd be the best) but the jack thing was too high.

My bonnet cable snapped this morning, so it'd probably fail because he can't get in there, and he said it would fail on a broken exhaust mount too. :( Even though I did a really good job of fixing it with tie wraps. :(

He didn't mention all the bits of rabbit that were stuck all over the bottom of the car though. Ran over a dead one 2 minutes before getting to the MOT station. It stinks of burning fur now.

So hopefully I'll be properly back in it in the next few days! :D