Virus threats???

Cozboz

I assume everyone is happy with there virus protection?

Just asking because I use Avast (which is free to home users, regularly updated, and was swearing blue murder at me yesterday everytime I went anywhere near this site. It also made short work of said emails)

so if you're looking for one have a search on google, it gets the thumbs up from me smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

as above i use avast antivirus and was warning me as soon as i went to the site..

definately recomended.

Alfie twisted.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":twisted:" border="0" alt="twisted.gif" />

Firefox crashed everytime I tried to open CL yesterday because it was blocking the virus.

I've just run a full system scan using Sophos & all appears to be well. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I had 1 virus that infected 19 files. They were all temporty internet files of the Java variety. AVG saw them but couldn't get rid of them. After a google search CCleaner was promptly downloaded and the files cleaned up. Did another scan and they are all gone now

Yeah i had the same but 16 infected files. It took me ages to get rid of then but ive done a check through the system and they have all gone now smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Aparently if you dont have SP2 or win2k this dodgy file thingy can't get you...

wel... so it seems anyway smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I got the prize of 5 trojans and a script being run without my permission for just visiting the site.

No email so far.

Seemed to happen just as I posted a reply to OLW's exam thread, and then I had to turn my comp off at the mains as my 'task manager' has been 'disabled by administrator' anyone know a fix??

Oh and I have McAfee and SP2...............

I've just run a full system scan using Sophos & all appears to be well. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The joy of Mac. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The joy of Mac. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />
Or Linux

Or indeed any patched Microsoft OS. Seeing as MS released the .wmf exploit security update in early 2006, nobody has an excuse to use this as a reason to get a Mac...

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I wish there was a way to make this site use Microsoft's "Genuine Advantage Tool" so any pirates can **** off.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I have a legitimate copy of XP. But in reference to the pirate thing, it makes me wonder how many people celebrate international talk like a pirate day here? (September 19th.)

haha i didnt know we even had a 'talk like a pirate' day thats brilliant laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I got a Doctors note due to bursting a blood vessel in my right eye on the 17th of September last year. I wore a black eye patch for one week. Then on International talk like a pirate day I greeted every customer with a warm and friendly "Yarrr!".

That was on my work PC actually... laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />