Fiat Trepiuno

DJ

fiat_500_abarth_07.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

fiat_500_05.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Love these, got potential to be mega cool!

S!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why some of you dont like it (at least the front end) as it looks like the love child of a Lupo and a 500. Its the back end than conserns me, it looks like 2 different cars. Soft and rounded on the front and angular at the back, they dont seem to gell very well.

it just looks wrong! its like a bloody shoe!

And the Lupo doesn't? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks for the interior pics DJ, we'll have to keep 'em peeled for the production shots.

...looks better than the red one in this pic though...

Fiat%20Trepiuno.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Ummm.... sorry to point this out, but that's a white one!

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Hmmm.... new Fiat or new Twingo?

6060412.001.mini1L.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Fiat for me please.

looks better than the red one in this pic though...

confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> ....it is indeed a white one - and as i said, it looks better than the red one rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

any re make of a classic is just ****full to look at........

the mini, proper gash looking car

the beetle too big, too fat, too slow

the 500 will never be as good as the original, remember these cars were built by their countries as a cheap mode of transport for all people.

and a question i ask is this how on earth do they intend to make newer versions in a few years time without losing the original concept alltogether.

• 5 months later...

Sweet! I loved the hard top version when the 1st shots came out & even took a trip down the local dealers to try & find out some more info on it. It is the epitomy of a Marmite car!

I missed this thread in April. I like the 500, but then we had a R50 Mini. The whole thing for me is that the 'essence' of the original is retained as was the case in the Mini. I'm interested for when my Lupo is dead.

As for those that think the Mini and Beetles were poor cousins of their originals, look at the front of a Lupo with styling that didn't match any other VW models, four seats in a compact wheel-at-each-corner layout and when it was launched = Fake Mini, with crapper handling!

im sorry, but I cant see why its getting slated, its quite cool really, id drive one, so are they producing this as well as the new 500? or is this the new 500? because it looks a lot like it.

www.fiat500.com

Same thing. When they first started punting it around motorshows 2 years back they gave the concept the name Trepiuno (I'm sure some italian scholar knows what it means). Many people still call the car that however I'd reckon on it being called Cinquicento when its launched.

• 1 month later...

Latest update... are you ready? Its a 2 cylinder!

From http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/15/fiat-50...r-turbo-engine/

Not since the Citroen 2CV has a car been sold to the mass market with a two-cylinder engine. That will change next year when Fiat begins selling its hotly anticipated revival of the 500 with a 0.9-liter turbocharged two-cylinder engine that Auto Express reports will produce between 90 and 110 bhp. The tiny two-pot is said to be 20% more economical than an average 1.2-liter city car, which translates to about 60 mpg on the combined cycle. Those power numbers are nothing to sneeze at either, considering the car will effectively be putting out over 100 hp per liter thanks to the turbo. Torque ratings are being pegged at around 88 ft-lbs., which, when combined with the 500's light-as-a-feather weight, should mean the retro city car can squirt along cobblestone streets and dodge pedestrians with the best of them. The 500 will also be available with larger gas engines and at least one diesel for those wary of powering home on only two cylinders. We'll be waiting for reviews of this engine, as the task of refining such a powerplant could not have been easy for Fiat engineers.

Same thing. When they first started punting it around motorshows 2 years back they gave the concept the name Trepiuno (I'm sure some italian scholar knows what it means).

Just for the record it means 3 in 1 wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Just for the record it means 3 in 1 wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Of course doh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":doh:" border="0" alt="doh.gif" /> makes sense.

As much as it's an advance in technology, i could never own a car with less than 3 cylinders, it's just wrong.

2 cylinders isn't actually as bad as you think. OK the 2CV isn't a ball of fire but it is actually a very smooth running engine and thats a design more than 50 years old so some techology must have advanced in that time, I'm quite keen to try it actually as I like quirky engines and a 2cylinder turbo sounds like it could be quite fun. Should also be very cheap to run and make.

Fiat have a long tradition of small two cylinder cars including the 500, 126, Panda and Cinquecento. It does say that it'll also be on offer with other powerplants. Tiddly engines must work, Ford sell a 1.0l supercharged Fiesta in South America.