Favorite Film

Al

Waaa? No, was getting ready to head out to work you cheeky git. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I reacon the 'cartoon' series might look pretty good, it'll be like the CGI in the feature film version of Final Fantasy (which was pretty damn good graphics wise, and that was a few years back now!) rather than the traditional cartoon style like the Clone Wars cartoons that were on before Ep3 came out.

God knows about that WW2 film, all I know is that its specifically about African American pilots.

I'll have to have a look, didn't see all of FF as it bores me but Stars Wars would hold my attention. That style is amazing and the way forward beyond the cutesyness of Pixar if you ask me.

Any news on a eta on the WW2 project? I've not heard anything at all and I thought I was pretty clued up.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on a eta on the WW2 project? I've not heard anything at all and I thought I was pretty clued up.

I don't even know the working title to be honest. But the project has been mentioned many times on SW forums because it was apparently a film he was planning to do after A New Hope was released and of course, that went rather well so he never got chance to start it.

I've heard comments that it would be out before the Clone Wars CGI series and the live action Ep3-Ep4 era show, but its all sketchy, they are due out by the end of the decade. Go lurk on the IMDB forums, I'm sure there will be something there, just don't stay too long, that place is full of the weirdos that other forums won't take! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I was going to look in the IMDB but I don't like the forums - just a big waste of space of people who think they know things they don't. I felt very depressed for them all. Good site as long as you use the site published parts.

Last I read, Mr Lucas was working on Indy 4 trying to get himself, Spielberg and Ford in the same place at the same time. Mind, that has been the rumours for 8 years or so,

robocop was way ahead of it's time...it's a shame people disregard it as pure action

Robocop's a classic, top satire on US business & society.

Same idea with The Running Man, now THERE's reality TV that should be made!

(a la Smash TV & Total Carnage games)

Robocop's a classic, top satire on US business & society.

(a la Smash TV & Total Carnage games)

I love Robocop and totally agree with you both. Apart from the satire it's very good at playing with your emotions, i.e. anger when he gets blown to bits, sadness when he's walking round the house having flashbacks.

It's a film I can watch time after time.

Another one to add:

The Blues Brothers... A classic! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Even had the game on the Amiga 500!

yeah with neds laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> they get when they finish 2 things

1 - to live

2 - they might be allowed there giro again

Not a real film buff so forgive these if there crap but:

Payback

Face/Off

Saw

Shrek (both as theyre just amazing)

The pianist (think thats what its called, just remember a guy in a wheelchair being thrown of a balcony by nazi soldiers, but remember it was a good film! Prob means i need to watch it again!)

have to say, i watched that Amelie film once, and i quite enjoyed it. bizarre film tho! the transporter, tho flawed and full of holes, is also on the shortlist along with fifth element, which i watch over and over. its really difficult to put down 5 total favourites, as all the films i watch often are quite different and i like them for different reasons

the transporter, tho flawed and full of holes, is also on the shortlistreasons

Have you seen Transporter 2? You are in for a treat if you haven't. That Audi is amazing. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

nice little bit of russian cinema biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Ever seen Oktyabr? Not exactly a historically acurate portrail of the Revolution, but a good watch even so.

It sometimes felt a bit long. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Seriously no, its not that long. Maybe theres a story behind it where there was a longer version, they are pretty old films and I know theres a fair bit of background story behind them, ie, Stalins censorism.

Edited by AndyW

Looked a few films like that for an exam I had on ethics - Shoah - 8 hours on the Holocaust, highly interesting but draining. Also looked at the events around Munich which was fascinating.

Now thats more like it, none of this American Pie *****.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Have to say I'm with you there. I enjoyed one and two and thought three was abysmal, but they wouldn't come anywhere near my top films.

Interestingly, I wonder which comedy would? They're hardly ever in people's top films.

Airplane? Blazing Saddles? Pink Panther (the Peter Sellars version, not the Steve Martin "I spit on your grave" travesty)?

Would you class Blues Brothers in with the above (it's a great film BTW).