should i?

csi_bha

depends how cheap it is, private good condition for a 1.4 3dr sport 05plate with 10K miles is about £6K. A better drive than your Arosa and easier to live with, depends what you want though, not a huge performance increase but still only group 4 ins and should be cheap to run and easier to sell on.

Edited by Crusoe

well its got 3k milage on it atm - cd player, digital air con, cruise control etc the lot...

but im not sure...

i do want a lupo gti, but there arent a lot about atm sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

No you cant get it! Not after me and Al spent all that time changeing your sidelight bulds tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

hehee

would it be boring to drive?

is my rosa 1.0 much more fun?

What are you going to gain by changing? And how much will it cost you to change?

Personally, I wouldn't bother, decent little spam chariot that Ibiza, I'd have one, but what does it give you that you don't have now. From your posts your obviously not needing a larger car for a family, so why not change for something you really fancy, as opposed to something that just seems like a good idea.

What are you going to gain by changing? And how much will it cost you to change?

Personally, I wouldn't bother, decent little spam chariot that Ibiza, I'd have one, but what does it give you that you don't have now. From your posts your obviously not needing a larger car for a family, so why not change for something you really fancy, as opposed to something that just seems like a good idea.

I guess so smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cheers for the advice smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

LupoRosa Luuurve hehehee

I had a 05 reg Ibiza 1.2 3 cylender SX for three months from the seat garage while mine was in getting its engine. I liked it, i was a bit sad to so it go IMH i covered about 4,000 miles in it and it was quite nippy for a 1.2, but i have heard that this is the best engine to go for, best blend of economy and acceleration and is also in group 3 insurance i think. I went from Newcastle to Dover and back in one day - nearly 700 miles and it was very comfortable with the climate etc, didnt have cruise though. I would have bought it but it was dark grey and a 5 door so i didnt but it was a nice car though.

Edited by cardaft

...is my rosa 1.0 much more fun?

exactly... 1.0 Arosa easy to lose traction when you want, (love the understeer on the Broxden and Inveralmond roundabouts for those who know Perth) but easy to get it back again... ** edited to say "or maybe I haven't pushed it that far yet!" **

Fun little car to drive if hammered, sensible if driven well... hmmm... sensibly!

If I was going for fun I would stay with the Arosa Lupo and go up in horsepower...

BTW... anyone dropped a Lupo GTi lump into an Arosa??

Silver!

Edited by Silver!

BTW... anyone dropped a Lupo GTi lump into an Arosa??

this is exactly what i want to do, to make an arosa gti, but not sure where to start...

this is exactly what i want to do, to make an arosa gti, but not sure where to start...

well you could start... fix all the problems... document it... and then tell us where to get a GTi engine... and then I could do it!

S! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

well you could start... fix all the problems... document it... and then tell us where to get a GTi engine... and then I could do it!

S! tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

heheeee

yep, also thinking of a 03 shaped renault clio 1.2 16v engine too, as that was quick in the clio smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If the 1.4 16v is anything like my 1.2 Ibiza i used to have dont even bother using the climate control, the damn car wont bloody move!

They are decent cars though. Handling is a bit vague because the steering is so light however.

No you cant get it! Not after me and Al spent all that time changeing your sidelight bulds tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

beat me to it biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

heheeee

yep, also thinking of a 03 shaped renault clio 1.2 16v engine too, as that was quick in the clio smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

GTi or nuthin'... Sorry!

Though it's only a thought... passing interest...

S!

the miss's had a 1.4 sport seat and that was a very nice car i would have one i was going to buy that one off her but had to much one at the time sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i would say test drive it see what you think i drove from selby north yorkshire to nequey cornwal and it was nice car for the trip this year did it in her clio 1.216v was ok but not as easy as clio was not a motorway car

my 2p worth wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />