FAO gurl_racer...

AndyW

Thought I would stop spamming your other halfs new job thread as I'm sure theres a few people who'll be curious about this, me included.

Could you list the standard spec + prices (which we sort of know already really, but worth putting down) and then, most importantly, options + prices.

Thank you in advance!

pretty sure we covered this already, price was just under £15k (£14800 or something basic) plus £1k for metalic and xenons, climate and cd was standard i think.

pretty sure we covered this already, price was just under £15k (£14800 or something basic) plus £1k for metalic and xenons, climate and cd was standard i think.

Pay attention Bond!

Yes, as I said, we know the list price, but options details were very sketchy, and no mention of xenons at that time, sooooo, by getting info from the brochure we can get solid information! Jesus, do I have to explain everything. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Yep, seen that!

* 16" alloy wheels

* GTI Styling pack

* Aluminium pedals

* Front sport seats

* Leather trimmed three-spoke steering wheel

* GTI Carpet mats

* Electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors

* Multifunction computer

* ESP(Electronic Stabilisation Programme)

* Remote central locking

* Disc brakes front and rear with red calipers

* Body coloured bumper strips, door mirrors and door handles

* Twin Exhaust pipes

* Chrome-plated instrument surrounds

* Leather trimmed gear knob and handbrake

* Climatic air conditioning

* Electric windows, front (and rear on 5 door)

* Front fog lights

* Single MP3 compatible CD player

* Side airbags, front

* Sports suspension

* Flat tyre indicator

And how many times do I have to tell you, Andi is the other one! ;-)

yes Andipandi tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Don't make me come on msn and abuse you.

Do something constructive, I'm going to see if these GTi's are out anywhere yet, weren't they being released in Aus right now? Anyone know any Aus VW forums?

here you go bruce seats look quite coolhttp://www.volkswagen.com.au/2004/Passenge...el=gti&Car=polo

they get some quite cool looking alloys too if you look in the accessories section, looks like xenons aren't an option there are all though.

Edited by Crusoe

Bonza.

Good flash site on the vw.au site, HERE.

Colours you can have, Flash Red, Black Magic, Candy White, Reflex Silver and Shadow Blue. Only options appear to be heated leather (with red stitching no less) and Met paint. As you said, no mention of Xenons, Sat nav, or other toys.

Love those R-Line alloys, and the Exor STP ones. Lovely.

all five stud though Andy so have to get a polo first. I'd take a white one with the black and red check interior and no extras and haggle down to £14K

I have to say, with climate being standard, theres very little else I'd want and so it doesn't seem like such a bad deal. Xenons would be nice, but if they aren't even an option then no point worrying about em.

I'd fit OEM VW sat nav later. Surprised theres no bigger wheel option though.

real world figures shoudl be mid 7s for 0-60, remember the figures for vw are at 40deg which doesn't help the turbo motor and half a tank of fuel and 2 passengers

well im sure youve found all the info you need now but ill type it all out again just for you wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

NEW POLO GTI

3 door - 1.8ltr - 5 speed manual - 150 PS - on the road price £14 785.00

5 door - 1.8ltr - 5 speed manual - 150 PS - on the road price £15 385.00

Additional equipment for the GTI

four 6 1/2j x 16 'MONZA I' alloys with 205/45R16 tyres and locking nuts

gti style pack - front + rear bumpers, uniquely shaped honeycomb front air take

rear roof spoiler

twin exhaust

aluminium look pedals

leather trim steering wheel with aluminium insert, gear knob+handbrake grip

'Interlagos' cloth

front + rear mats

drivers and front passenger under seat drawers

rear electric windows (5 door only)

2 reading lights in front

tyre repair kit

front ventilated discs

rear discs

red calipers

Electronic stabilisation programme (including electronic differential lock + traction control)

flat tyre indicator

air con semi automatic

alarm

front fogs

multifunction computer

air con semi automatic

alarm

sports suspension

optional extras

air con electronic climite conrtol £310.00

cd autochanger £330.00

cruise control £185.00

curtain airbag system £445.00

front passenger airbag deactivation £35.00

heated leather seats (3 door) £1280.00

heated leather seats and rear electric windows (5 door) £1430.00

navigation/radio system including 6cd autochanger £1350.00

rear parking sensor £225.00

rain sensor, automatic dimming rear view mirror + coming home light £140.00

smoking pack £15.00

electric glass sunroof £495.00

winter pack - heated seats, heated windscreen washer jets and headlight washers £285.00

winter pack in conjuction with leather £180.00

black paint £165.00

metallic/pearl effect paint £335.00

hope thats some kind of help?! theres loads of other bits in here like the retailer supplied accessories but i cant be bothered to type those out!

Jen x

btw just skimming through the other boring standard equipment and i think they come with halogen headlights

cant find any mention of xenons sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

fuel consumption :

urban - 25.9mpg

extra urban - 46.3mpg

combined - 35.8mpg

Jen x

Thank you Jen!

So thats about £18,515 for a car to my tastes. Hmmm, suddenly, £24,000 for a similar spec Golf GTi doesn't sound so bad. blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Thats why I'm taking a fancy to the R32. Its fully loaded. Only thing the dealer reckoned he'd have as an extra was cruise control to stop himself speeding all the time lol

Yep, R32 is a great spec, only thing I'd add would be sat nav and maybe DSG, which is of course how it can quickly get costly!

I'm pretty sure though, I'd rather have a boggo Golf GTi than a fully loaded Polo GTi, and I'm sure most buyers will feel the same.

As far as i'm aware it's drivetrain issues, it's the same reason that they won't be available with DSG it doesn't fit with the drivetrain. Neither the 1.8T Ibiza FR or the 1.8T Ibiza Cupra have a 6-speed box they're both fitted with 5-speeds so it's the same reason as that.

I think I may have just changed my mind about the car in one split second.

7051205.002.1M.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

300hp and 410Nm

For the new VW Polo 9N3 the VW & AUDI performance tuning company B&B (www.bb-automobiltechnik.de) is able to fall back on over ten years experience in tuning the Polo’s 1.8 Turbo engine, an engine found in many VW & AUDI models which B&B have successfully been enhancing.

At the entry level engine power is increased to 195 hp for the price of EUR 998,-. This is achieved by a change in the electronics whereby boost is slightly increased and the electronic injection maps are readjusted. In the following stages engine power is heaved to 210, 245, and 260 hp and finally incredible 300 hp and 410 Nm at the last, EVO R stage. To achieve these performance levels our B&B technicians exchange the standard 1.8L motor against a completely modified engine with new B&B special pistons, connecting rods, a special cylinder head and a large turbocharger. Extensive changes to the charge air cooling and and the injection system are also undertaken. To further reduce exhaust gas temperature and back pressure a special exhaust system has been developed for the Race-Polo with a large downpipe and a high-performance racing catalyst. Oil temperature is always kept at an optimal state through the installation of a thermostat-controlled Slim-Line oil cooler. Our extremely powerful Polo GTI blasts from 0-100km/h in 5.8 seconds and speed limitation doesn’t set in until 254km/h. To secure optimal safety at these extreme speed levels B&B has developed height adjustable coilover suspension sets in different variations and high-performance brake systems, which keep the Polo safe and on track. Exclusive wheels in 17†and 18†dimensions as well as an eye-catching, muscular body-styling kit round off and complete the exterior look of this small albeit massively powerful Polo GTI.

7051205.002.Mini2L.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Edited by Tigz