CNUTS

Pozza

Woke up this morning to find that some fcuking pikey b@stards had taken my 2 back wheels from my Lupo, along with the dividers for the front bottom grill. Car was parked outside my house in front of a security light.

Must have been a made to order job as nothing else on the car was touched, and the car was standing on jacks, not bricks. Called the Police who informed me that “there is nothing they can do†they didn’t even come out to take fingerprints!!

People like this really **** me off, you work hard to pay for decent things and these cnuts just come and take it without any consideration at all, if I find out out who it was then he’ll be needing the 2 alloys for his fcuking wheelchair

B*****ds angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Did you have locking wheel nuts? (not that it would have made much difference anyway sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> )

Makes me want to chase up the dealer that I got my GTi from for the locking wheel nuts they didn't supply when I bought it (from new).

Bad luck Pozza, surely the Police are obliged to come out, as you need to file a report that they were stolen?

Sorry to hear it. Just goes to show that if someone wants something, they'll get it no matter what.

I'd follow up the police again and demand further answers of their intentions etc. They can't just brush you off like that.

Thieving pikey scum... angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> Hope you get it sorted without too much hassle.

Andy - mine didn't have locking wheel nuts when I bought it either but I bought used & said to the guy that I'd only buy it if he MOT'd it (although it had 6 weeks until it needed its first MOT) and supplied me with locking wheel nuts.

That sucks man, sorry to hear about it. Definitely sounds like a stolen to order job. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Did the police give you a crime number so you can at least claim on the insurance?

Cannot believe that at all, what's wrong with the police? One of my other mates younger sister got mugged at knife point last night aswell and they did **** all about that!

Glad mine is fine, it's got to have been an'order job' like I said to you though I was up until 4 so they might have been round mine but been put off by the lights.

Bet it's something to do with that Raven GTi that's appeared around here lately, Pash has seen it a few times aswell!

...surely the Police are obliged to come out, as you need to file a report that they were stolen?

In Scotland:

For insurance purposes you only have to report the theft to the police, they will issue you with a crime file reference no. for you to put on your insurance claim.

They aren't obliged to visit, but when I worked in Grampian Police HQ Control Room (for a short time only), we always sent plods to visit crime scene etc.

B*st*rds... *a**a***...

S!

Car didnt have locking nuts on the wheels, i never checked as presumed it they would come as standard mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Just phoned VW and they have informed me that its £191+VAT EACH for 2 Allloys, then i've got the cost of tires, totalled it up and its looking like just short of £600.

Some after market Alloys may now be on't cards as no way im paying that for 2 Wheels and tires.

Also, anybody any idea on how much the "seperators" will be be for the bottom grille on the GTi, as the VW garage i spoke didnt seem to know rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

That really, really sucks - I'm so sorry to hear that.

The GTI has specific jacking points (not on the sills) so I can only hope more damage hasn't been caused there. The bits that cover the towing-eye are quite cheap but i think you need to paint them.

Regards Locking Wheel Nuts - don't bother with VW ones thay are pants - invest in some McGard ones - they are supposed to be the best 'out there' - Halfords do them for about £30-£35. I have them on mine and they are quality items and should make any thief think twice.

Regards the police - I guess all they can do is enquire at neighbouring houses to see if anyone saw anything suspicious - beyond that there probably isn't much they can do.

The sad fact is the police will have more serious incidents than yours to investigate so don't expect much to happen. Makes you want to take the law into your own hands doesn't it.

The VW standard wheel locks are pants. Spend £30-£35 on some McGard wheel locks and you will see the difference in quality. There is no such thing as a perfect set of lock-nuts but anything that slows a thief down, makes more noise and makes them think twice could make all the difference.

ps. Hide your 'key' somewhere good !

pps. McGard 28028 SU is what I have fitted.

Sorry to hear this, another case of a nice car being a victim to scum who the police are too rubbish to capture.

It won't get you anywhere but I would complain to VW saying the wheels were stolen and on investigation the front wheels have no locking wheel nuts on. Blame VW for the theft for not fitting locking nuts and tell them you want them to supply two new wheels laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

For the record my GTi never came with locking nuts from new either...or a tool to remove them. It seems a deliberate ommission rather than just forgetting to put the nuts on to me as there are so many cases of Gti's without locking nuts fitted from the factory.

fooookin b@stards!!!

they tried nickin my alloys too from my old car, but dint manage to get lockin nuts off, fukin cost me a new hub tho coz i never knew it was loose sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

WHEN I BOUGHT MY LUPO GTI I ALSO NEVER HAD LOCKING WHEEL NUTS ..... I WENT DOWN vw AND THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO BUY THEM...

same here, like they dont get enough money!

so...would those be suitable for the gti mate?

I did ask this very question on the forum a while back - I think there was one other suitable option (a different code) but think that has been discontinued now. 28028 SU are what I have on my GTI with Bathursts and the wheels haven't fallen off so all is good.