lupo gti vs polo gti

wal292

hi everyone.

i am driving a polo se at the mo its a 1.4 16 v i am wanting somethin with a bit more go about it.

the 2 cars i am looking at are the lupo and the polo gtis i am wanting to no which is the better 1

to get does any body have any performance figs etc on them both.

thanks wal

hi everyone.

i am driving a polo se at the mo its a 1.4 16 v i am wanting somethin with a bit more go about it.

the 2 cars i am looking at are the lupo and the polo gtis i am wanting to no which is the better 1

thanks wal

You're posting on a Lupo forum, and asking if we prefer the Lupo or Polo GTI. Hmmm, tough question blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> .

Get the Polo if you want more room, otherwise it's Loop everytime.

where as i would hold out untill the brand new polo GTi comes out with the 1.8T lump in it and then superchip it and then have the same output as a Ibiza cupra biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

A bloke in a polo gti keeps trying to race me. My 16v sport kept him at bay. Let him past in the end, because I knew there would be a que round the corner, he did not get very far biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> . I would think the lupo gti is quite a bit faster than the polo, if my 16v can beat a polo gti. I know I cant keep up with lupo gti's, as experienced on the way back from gti festival.

I have read that the polos have gearbox problems, and it is very pricy to get fixed.

Plus polo is a anagram of LOOP biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Edited by `funk-star`

You're posting on a Lupo forum, and asking if we prefer the Lupo or Polo GTI. Hmmm, tough question blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> .

Get the Polo if you want more room, otherwise it's Loop everytime.

Exactly...If you dont need a trunk go for the Lupo GTi, you ll experience much more excitement than with the Polo (my opinion) shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Edited by gabo

Polo is a tad more heavier. As above really, if you dont need a huge boot go for the loop. Although my local vw dealer does have a black 5door polo gti which is good cos peaple dont like getting in the back. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT.....................The loop gti does have a......6 SPEED GEAR BOX. How cool is that.

Lupo --> a lot lighter actually, not only smaller, but some parts made from aluminium to weight save, this translates to it being faster. It also has a different gearbox to the polo, which is not only better ratio wise, also is meant to be more reliable. The car mags say its the better drive to.

Polo --> exactly the same without aluminium I think, its bigger and heavier so slower, only 5 speed gearbox and apparently not too reliable a gearbox, but you do get more space, and possibly ESP? not sure bout that tho!

Hope I wasnt too bias but in conclusion id say lupo everytime for laughs!

Lupo

Now get some pics of the mini out biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

i dont know how to put a pic up.

i aint a fan of turbo's' mate has a calibra turbo engine in his nova and

has nowt but bother but 106 up santa pod is good.someone else i know

has a golf turbo and has had to put a new flywheel on aswell as other stuff

and he dosent think its that good.so its put me off them.

ill have to test drive them both and see.im lookin at around 7k to spend

• 3 years later...
hi everyone.

thanks wal

hi m8 if your looking for speed and something to scare you get a gti engine or polo gti and put your 1.4 gearbox on it then put and desent intake on it and and exhaust that doesnt restrict you and strip the back out complete. be warned tho you need desent brakes and suspension and tyres to handle the power. iv done it in my loop 1.4 and it still spinns up in 3rd and the 0 2 60 is silly quick hope this helps

e warned tho you need desent brakes and suspension and tyres to handle the power. iv done it in my loop 1.4 and it still spinns up in 3rd and the 0 2 60 is silly quick hope this helps

Handle the power? All 123bhp of it?

Polo = ladies car

Not necessarily, I've seen some really nice polo GTi's that don't look anything like "ladies cars" :P

My boyfriend currently has a polo GTi and he's had to have the gearbox done twice in a year. Don't recommend you get one, not unless you want to change the gearbox every 14,000 miles.

Still...not a ladies car :P

hi m8 if your looking for speed and something to scare you get a gti engine or polo gti and put your 1.4 gearbox on it then put and desent intake on it and and exhaust that doesnt restrict you and strip the back out complete. be warned tho you need desent brakes and suspension and tyres to handle the power. iv done it in my loop 1.4 and it still spinns up in 3rd and the 0 2 60 is silly quick hope this helps

Dude, my lupo has 240bhp. And that dont spin up in 3rd, only in the wet!