Lupo Spaceframe Build

1 Litre Screamer

I have just done something to the car that i have wanted to do since buying it. Tinting the rear windows! it helps hide the cage a little too.

tinted.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

your thoughts?? better with or without?

Will you stop posting pictures and adding to this thead, as every time I see it I'm thinking "if I just pull off this and this on my car". Its really getting to me, as mines "street stripped" ie Buckets and no rear seats but Ive still got carpets etc. dry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />

Will you stop posting pictures and adding to this thead, as every time I see it I'm thinking "if I just pull off this and this on my car". Its really getting to me, as mines "street stripped" ie Buckets and no rear seats but Ive still got carpets etc. dry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />

hehe, it is very addictive!! when I started on the lupo my intention was to keep it looking standard on the inside, that didnt last long!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Go on, get outside and take something off the car laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer

Go on, get outside and take something off the car laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Dont tempt me! But I think I'll hold fast (at least until I get a new daily wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> ).

tinted.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Lovin' the way this Lupo "has come/is coming" together.

Windows and bump strips look nice in contrast with the blue and match the wheels.

S!

dude back me up laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

http://www.edition38.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=40021

and sorry used your pics on another forum rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Edited by Petrified

dude back me up laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

and sorry used your pics on another forum rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

What a bunch of mugs!

Ps, who is the cucking funt with the Bora? He just seems to hate people with Lupos laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Its coming along well now mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> well done and the cars looking well nice and i too thought it was the one in the PVW track sesion reports but the 1.8 bit gave it away when looking at the times

any more news on the engine install/mountings?

good luck

wayne

Thanks chaps, i have just read the replies to petrified on the 38 site, what a bunch of *******!! i would be suprised if half of them knew anything about corner weight scales and cross weight, they seem to be of the opinion that theirs is best and everyone else is a distant second. If half of them cleaned the rust formt their old motors they would be lighter! Enough ranting now, back to work and i am really going to get more wieght off just to show how light cars actually can be made. i'll show 'em. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Its coming along well now mate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> well done and the cars looking well nice and i too thought it was the one in the PVW track sesion reports but the 1.8 bit gave it away when looking at the times

any more news on the engine install/mountings?

good luck

wayne

the engine is still a big blob on a piece of paper at the moment, i'm torn as to which way to go. i'll let you know as soon as i do!

The motor is coming along really well mate..........I would miss my creature comforts but a big tick in the box for you.

When is the lupo spare parts, boot sale on then laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Too be honest i dont miss any of the toys that it had, dont know why either!!! The boot sale will be on shortly, i need the cash!!!! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

after having a play on the arosa shell, and seeing just how thin the sheet metal is used to make it i wont be suprized if it does weigh fekall.

would it be worthwhile changing to gti doors and bonnet ?

after having a play on the arosa shell, and seeing just how thin the sheet metal is used to make it i wont be suprized if it does weigh fekall.

would it be worthwhile changing to gti doors and bonnet ?

i have though about that, but i'm going to be cutting the whole internal skin off of the doors so they will be light anyway, a carbon bonnet will be along soon hopefully and depending on time and how heavy the front wings are i may have a go at making them in carbon too.

I have tried to back you up! using the pics isnt a problem. nice to see it on other sites!

Ps, who is the cucking funt with the Bora? He just seems to hate people with Lupos

A very good friend of mine and brain child of quite a few vw creations. A certain yellow derby with a 2.0litre 16v in the back.

Personally i'd trust john's knowladge over 99.99% of other peoples, but i'm biased and not looking for an argument. No need for harsh name calling though. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No need for harsh name calling though. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Agreed.

Please leave comments like that in your head.

Lets not spoil this guys thread.

Agreed.

Please leave comments like that in your head.

Lets not spoil this guys thread.

Sorry, but the only two threads i've read with him posting in he has been the guy that "knows" everything!

Maybe he does, but he just came across badly in those two threads.

I take it back tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• 1 month later...

I'm back!!!! Things have been going very slow with the car, work has got firmly in the way. BUT this weekend I'm hopefully collecting the engine at last. Its a brand new Kawasaki ZX12R engine biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> all 176bhp of it! So here we go again, this time its going in the rear where it should be.

I'll keep the updates coming regularly again.