well ive started again

noddy

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck for the MOT, just the thought of it fills me with fear!

me to bud as its the only thing it can fail on as it passed a part from emissions

well sat is hopful as still have bits to do

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

well after 5 months of hell i drove the lupo for the first time i have done a whole 0.2 miles in THE GARDEN as the old lady who garden it is locked the gates mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> but im happy bout how it ran so going to book mot for next weekend if they can fit me in . tryed the rover wheels they dont look bad but get my coillys for xmas and new rubber for them

Edited by noddy1

• 4 weeks later...

well thought it was bout time i got some pics of the engine all done so here you go

27fd132e.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

sorry its a little dark

27fd133e.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

i am happy as a pig in sh*t with it just need to sort that bloody mot out

Edited by noddy1

well thought it was bout time i got some pics of the engine all done so here you go

27fd132e.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

sorry its a little dark

27fd133e.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

i am happy as a pig in sh*t with it just need to sort that bloody mot out

Yep it looks good in its new home biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 months later...

well i done it again i have wiped out a few valves i think.

i was coming down the m40 and my alternater belt snaped and got tangled in my cam belt and it has jump making it have NO compesion so now thinking of getting the 75bhp head i have in my room reconed and fitting that but if anyone knows better let me know asap sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Edited by noddy1

I've just read this post from start to finish and can't believe how it's ended ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I'm gutted for you and hope the 'old' head is a plug-and-play solution.

hope so but will get port and polish i think biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

let the hunt for power start wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

well this week i'm going on the hunt for a sh*tbox like the rover just have to find a way of getting car home as it's in oxford with girlfriend as i was only £49 away in the towtruck were as my house was £477 so will have to be nice to all the people i know with car trailer's all of one person poo not looking cheap but what the hell biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> got smile or i would cry wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

her words were bout blo*dy time you sold that thing she's not happy hehe all good as we dont have daddy to buy us car's like she does .and the time it would take to fix would be silly so it's gotta go home sometime soon

well been told gti cam's are mild sport's are wilder .

think its in the port size's that hold's back the power on the 75bhp so port and polish should sort that but not sure might just take the engine back out and get it all nice and clean and sort that head out just need a cheap ride for bout 200 quid huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

but if thats the case wouldnt a port and polish sort out the diffrents i am only guessing willing to be told it wont fit as dont want waste cash wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Valves are all the same on all the small block 16v loop engines according to etka

the heads will be the same also i bet, even as the GTI one probably

cams are different though for the diff levels, 75, 100, 125

Edited by Jez

Valves are all the same on all the small block 16v loop engines according to etka

the heads will be the same also i bet, even as the GTI one probably

cams are different though for the diff levels, 75, 100, 125

if any one has part numbers for cam's i have a set of 75bhp one's here so can see if they are diffrent wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

if any one has part numbers for cam's i have a set of 75bhp one's here so can see if they are diffrent wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

GTI head is definitely different. It has VVT which the 1.4s don't

thats not the head, thats just the cam cover housing that has the vvt in it ... i think the head castings are the same on all the engines, i got a spare head if anyone has a 1.4 and can take pics we can compare smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

well the bit that the VVT actually changes - the oil flow to the exhaust tappets i think?

seems to be on all the heads on ETKA, but the diagrams are pretty rough

just has a solenoid that opens and closes the oil flow as far as i can gather