The joy of VW, part II

Al

I went into VW early this morning at 8 and dropped the car of to have the rubber window seal replaced as the two hours they spent last time did nothing.

Was told it would take 2 hours so I said fine, I want a courtesy car. After much "oh, I don't know about that, you'll have to pay" etc etc I eventually got one after getting managment involved.

I got a call at 4pm (!) saying it's all done. Went down there a bit later and picked it up. Apart from the car being filthy, it looked like they'd done something, unlike last time. I drove the car 50 yards and guess what, the whistle sound is now the most annoying rattle! Even at 10mph you could have heard it so surely even driving the car in their yard would have alerted them to it! You can actually see the black trim on the outside half hanging off!

I turned straight back in and on approching could see the looks on their faces. After much 'talking' they have apologised but to be honest I have felt this is not good enough. It is the most stupidly small problem with a car that with some persistance could have been fixed in half a day. Yet here I am, 4 wasted days later over 2 weeks and it's worse than it was.

The way I have been treated since handing the money over is nothing short of digusting. I am ~this close~ to using the 30 day return facility. Great car, appauling service beyond belief.

angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

feel for you mate had plenty of problems with mine in the past all weln documented on here. From experience just stick at it dont give them a inch or they'll take an mile you'll have her sorted eventually. Although mines got to go back tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> but good luck keep us posted

Edited by Ty

What a pisser sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> . VW really need to do something about their dealers and customer service, but I guess if sales don't start falling dramatically will they bother?

If you're really dissatisfied then I reckon get it returned and get a good secondhand one off here.

Cheers for the support guys.

They have had the car all day and the only contact I have had is a voicemail this morning saying they have ordered some parts (!) No mention of what they are, what they're for or when they're going to be fitted etc.

I rang them straight back and surprise, the head customs manger of service was unavailable even though I was reassured yesterday that I could always speak to him and should only deal with him from now on due to be previously dealing with about 6 different people.

I have heard nothing all day!!!! This has to be the worst service ever! I have no idea when the car is due back or how long I have to keep a Polo automatic! I left a 'firm' voicemail at quarter to six with the threat that if they don't ring me back at 8.30 tomorrow the car is going back and that I expect compensation of some sort for all the days I've now wasted waiting around for them.

I absolutely love the car but I cannot deal with 3 years of this kind of 'warranty'. My only other option now is head office customer complaints. Has anyone had to ring them before with success?

8.30. We'll see.

They have had the car all day and the only contact I have had is a voicemail this morning saying they have ordered some parts (!) No mention of what they are, what they're for or when they're going to be fitted etc.

I rang them straight back and surprise, the head customs manger of service was unavailable even though I was reassured yesterday that I could always speak to him and should only deal with him from now on due to be previously dealing with about 6 different people.

I have heard nothing all day!!!! This has to be the worst service ever! I have no idea when the car is due back or how long I have to keep a Polo automatic! I left a 'firm' voicemail at quarter to six with the threat that if they don't ring me back at 8.30 tomorrow the car is going back and that I expect compensation of some sort for all the days I've now wasted waiting around for them.

I absolutely love the car but I cannot deal with 3 years of this kind of 'warranty'. My only other option now is head office customer complaints. Has anyone had to ring them before with success?

8.30. We'll see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

who was this with mate, Lindvale

could suggets to bring it to us (bromley) and try and pull out all the stops for you

8.30. We'll see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

who was this with mate, Lindvale

could suggets to bring it to us (bromley) and try and pull out all the stops for you

What a pisser  sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> .  VW really need to do something about their dealers and customer service, but I guess if sales don't start falling dramatically will they bother?

If you're really dissatisfied then I reckon get it returned and get a good secondhand one off here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TBH mate all VW dealers have got such high prssure qulaity systems on them alot of them cant keep up, they have an inhouse quality control system, a VW one and a yearly VQM audit

all of them are a nightmare, some delaers can live up to them, some cant, and thats when they lose the franchise

It is Abridge.

Thank you for the offer, i may yet have to take you up on it. But, I have to say, the whole point in me choosing VW was that there was a local dealer that i thought i could depend on as it's only 3 miles up the road.

If I don't get red carpet tomorrow the cars going back and I'll look for another one from a private garage. I looked at a 52 Black GTi before choosing this. All the cars they sold came with a 2 year warranty. It was a family run business and they even called me when the car was no longer available. Somewhere like that couldn't be any worse then what I have received.

TBH mate all VW dealers have got such high prssure qulaity systems on them alot of them cant keep up, they have an inhouse quality control system, a VW one and a yearly VQM audit

all of them are a nightmare, some delaers can live up to them, some cant, and thats when they lose the franchise

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree with that! vqm's are a knightmare and bloody stupid too! quite proud to say that recently, the dealership i work for was awarded the highest vqm score in the country to date! don't know for the life of me how tho!

it really astounds me the things that some dealers get away with! as i've said before, we're far from perfect, (even with the high VQM score!), but you have to remember that the customer comes first, and a disatisfied customer will NOT come back, no matter how much you try and bribe them to! pisses me off that one dealer ruins it for all of us in the network, as people always think we're all alike!

go in in person al and ask to speak to the md - if they say he is not available start making a big bloomin' racket (if you think you can't do this - think about how much they've ****ed you around and how much time of yours they have wasted - that should get you fired up enough to do it)....keep making a racket until you are allowed to speak to him face to face - demand to know NOW what is happening with your car - and tell him if it ain't sorted by (you decide deadline) you are rejecting it and want your money back.

go in in person al and ask to speak to the md - if they say he is not available start making a big bloomin' racket (if you think you can't do this - think about how much they've ****ed you around and how much time of yours they have wasted - that should get you fired up enough to do it)....keep making a racket until you are allowed to speak to him face to face - demand to know NOW what is happening with your car - and tell him if it ain't sorted by (you decide deadline) you are rejecting it and want your money back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have rung VW head complaint division which in theory is independant of retailers as it is VW 'owned' rather than the dealers franchises. I was on the phone for half an hour listing all the complaints (I included as many as I could remember like not being able to choose the reg etc even though I was promised in terms and conditions of sale) Apparently someone's going to ring me. I've heard this before. They have until 4 or I will be returning the car reguardless. mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I have trouble with Abridge, but I always get what I want from them because I'm nice as pie biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doesn't seem to work for me! you must have a calming influence!

I have trouble with Abridge, but I always get what I want from them because I'm nice as pie biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

double post whoops ! rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Edited by Ty

Right.....

They have had my car since Wednesday morning now and not one single phone call to tell me when/if I am getting it back. I have left countless voicemails that I'm not bothering anymore. Head office VW has done nothing.

Also, my lady saw the person I am supposed to be dealing with in her work today - he made eye contact, realised it was her and basically looked straight away and ran off. If anyone wants to know the idiots name and harrass him etc etc

I am through with them to be honest. Words cannot express how disappointed I am. 8.30 Monday the curtesy car is being returned, along with the spare set of GTi keys, V5 and all the crap that goes with it.

If I'm honest, I think they have damaged it and are stalling ie: ignoring me, so they can repair it. there is no other reason why they wouldn't return a phone call!

A very disppointing end to a disappointing 2 weeks of ownership.

Al

Edited by Al Wilson