New Vw Lupo Gti Gearknob

lupo1.0se

Hi all

Found this on Ebay. Brand New Gti gear knobs.

All I will suggest is. Grab them while you can.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-VW-Lupo-Gti-Gear-Knob-manschette-6-Aisle-Leather-With-Red-Seams-New-/321613494029?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ae1a8770d

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 4 months later...

I have one and yes it's perforated. My original is in the attic as I have a Momo knob. I'll check, but don't remember it having perf's.

Some GTI's had 'leatherette' boots (like mine did originally, thank you Mr VW Warranty for my leather one!) and some had full leather boots. You can tell the difference as the leatherette version wears out quickly and feels different.

Cool, thanks people. Mine must have a full leather one then, I guess that's good but no one seems to be selling them unfortunately!

Next question - if I bought this one and wanted to use my original leather gaiter, but this new knob (since mine has the usual wear and tear and is the main reason I want to replace it), is that possible or does it involve bodging the pieces apart?

Yes, I'm pretty sure my original one feels like real leather and I cleaned it with leather cleaner\conditioner before packing it away, this one does feel cheaper.

I will check tomorrow.

R