1.0 L Exhaust

Jaymo_WBA

Been looking around at aftermarket exhausts for my arosa and been quoted 140 for powerflow back box or 250 for cat back powerflow exhaust system (which is ridiculous money!) so im looking for something that sounds good but wont burn a hole in my wallet...im not bothered by the fact that it wont give me any extra power just want something that sounds a bit better than a standard 1ltr...so I would really appreciate some advice from u guys regarding exhausts or where the best place to get them around the midlands area etc...

Cheers.

• Like 1

Saw off the back box and weld a piece of straight pipe. It sounds ****ing sweet, loud, shouldn't affect your fuel economy and most importantly, should pass an MOT. I wouldn't get an aftermarket exhaust.

Another option is to cut the end of the back box off, take all the baffles out and weld the end back on.

I've considered doing this on my SDI. Apparently it makes them proper loud!!

If there is nothing wrong with your exhaust I would leave it alone, big loud exhausts on small engines gets very tedious very quickly.

I'd just get a filter or drill your air box if you want more noise.

I've considered doing this on my SDI. Apparently it makes them proper loud!!

If there is nothing wrong with your exhaust I would leave it alone, big loud exhausts on small engines gets very tedious very quickly.

I'd just get a filter or drill your air box if you want more noise.

Mines had half the baffles taken out, it's a bit louder and a bit deeper. It's not silly loud atall.

Vid of mine:

• 2 weeks later...

It will sound horrendous.

Loudness does not equate to power, and a huge cocophony of noise accompanied by the less than fierce movements of a 1.0 is frankly embarrassing.

In short it would be like giving a dead rat the roar of a T-Rex.

Got to agree with him. Money would be better spent elsewhere.

I bought a Mongoose exhaust for the ST, sounded ****ing horrid, and thats with 2.5l 5 pot coming through it. I imagine a sub 1l 4 pot being quite tragic.

For £250 you could probably buy a corsa with a cherry bomb already fitted.

Two things, puma speed do an exhaust for the st, sounds immense. The second, I really think you'd be surprised at the beautiful sound my car makes :)

The monotone drone of a asthmatic 1litre with a sporty exhaust been given the beans is always humorous

Why does it even bloody matter? It's his car, why the hell does it matter to you what he does? Sure, give him advice, even if it's a list of negatives and question if there's any point whatsoever, but don't belittle people. No need is there!

For what it's worth, when my back box fell off my previous Lupo it sounded great. Not tinny. Not bee in a jar. Not corsa with a fart cannon.

I wish you had FB scotty, I'd have sent you the vid I sent piers.

Are you fully clothed joe ?