Dash showing boot open when its not?

Matty_Gti

Well my dash shows that the boot is open all the time?

Thing is it started happening on the way home from picking it up from having the cam belt done, don't think its linked though? Just bad luck?

Is this a common problem?

Its a gti if that matters?

mine has done this a few times now, so I stripped it down and found the wiring connectors onto the micro switch were corroded, so I've cleaned them up and put it all back together, and its all good (so far!)

The switch is pretty easy to change, and is available on its own from vw (£14.57 inc vat!) part number 6X0 947 569

It's a very common problem actually. When I bought my Lupo, the boot light was on driving off from the woman's house. I got out and slammed it shut and it was still illuminated. I doused the micro-switch with contact cleaner from Maplin (they get grit/salt in and corrode) and it's been fine ever since.

This happened to me a few weeks ago after i had left the boot open for a while while it was raining hard, water had got to the switch. Opened and cleaned it up, been fine ever since.