Fatttty's Ford Racing Puma #401 | Ford content... Front running gear refurb

fatttty

Congrats dude! First of many I should think :thumbsup:

Cheers Koop :D

Massive congratulations bud, you deserve it after the time and money you have put into this FRP :thumbup:

Thanks very much! Its been a lot of hard work. Worth it though, still got more to do though. Going to pay a visit to the 'Alcon Doctor' to have my front brakes serviced. Want a full Alcon service, strip and polymer coat, new Hi-Spec front discs and terox (i think thats what they are called) pads.

Also got lots of litle things to do, like new washer jets, ford racing badges, new rear quarter window, need to repaint and touch up some areas under the car.

It never ends!

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Not had an update for a while, been working on a few little bits for the car.

Had some more bolts and parts electro plated-

IMG_2371_zps1fbf99ea.jpg

Decided to strip my wiper arm linkage and motor (you can see this behind the scuttle panel when the bonnet is open) I stripped it as best as could, removed all the bolts and rubber gromets etc.

Cleaned and dressed the rubber gromets-

IMG_2378_zps7b56cdeb.jpg

Painted the main body and link arms and rebuilt with plated bolts-

IMG_2391_zpsb74fdc98.jpg

IMG_2389_zpsb810ccaf.jpg

Also removed the tube for the dip stick, this was rusty and covered in a thick grimey oil. I stripped this and painted it silver, also had the retaining bolt electro plated to match msot of the others in the engine bay-

IMG_2368_zps7afe716f.jpg

Few other updates to follow too :)

Alex

Edited by fatttty

Also if you are a member of Detailing World I have entered my car into the Waxstock Top 16 show down, you can vote for my car by following this link and hitting the 'Thanks' button

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=4138534&postcount=26

Thanks Alex

• Like 1

Nice work mate :thumbsup:

The standard is alot higher on fords we have got a mk2 Rs2000 that is a national winner!

Tom

Cheers Tom, standard is extremely high fro mwhat I have seen. I'd love to see some photos of the RS2000, feel free to post them up on my thread if you like :)

Alex

Alex are you going to castle coombe on saturday 6th july.

I was going to go, but I've entered for Wax Stock which is the same weekedn so if I get voted in I'll be attending that, failing that I'll be at Combe :)

Are you going?

:thumbup:

I am selling my 182 and looking at FRP and lupo gti's funnily enough, seeing as you have owned both, could you gimme some advice :paperbag:

Yeah no worries, feel free to PM me if you like. If you have a second car I would recommend an FRP, though as a daily I wouldn't really fancy it. I loved my gti and used it as a daily for 3 years before it went a little over the top and turned into a show car. The gti would be cheaper to run, repair and service etc and is still a rare and desirable car. The FRP is based on the standard puma so in some aspect its quite cheap the rear end is msotly focus Mk1 parts the front end with the wider track is expensive and so are the front brakes.

I am about to have new Hi-Spec bell and rotor discs up front (£350) with textar pads (£80) and a full rebuild on my alcon 4 pots (£120) so not exactly cheap, but the alcon genuien fron discs are £400 so its still cheaper to buy the Hi-Spec pack.

As I say from me a message and I'll try and help as best as I can :)

Alex

Speechless...................... :wub:

Speechless...................... :wub:

Cheers 12 :)

Cleaned my front wheels at the weekend, trying to keep on top of them to keep them in tip top condition. The front brake pads are aweful and seem to be spitting thick tar like brake dust on to the wheels.

Before-

IMG_2396_zpsa9240903.jpg

IMG_2395_zpsfefa5e39.jpg

Cleaned with ACP, soft brush then waxed with AF Mint Rims to seal them-

IMG_2394_zpsff100c30.jpg

Just spotted P60 FRP in crewe, drove off before i could get a pic. Nowhere near as nice as yours Alex ;) anyone you know?

Just spotted P60 FRP in crewe, drove off before i could get a pic. Nowhere near as nice as yours Alex ;) anyone you know?

Thanks Koop ;)

P60 doesn't ring any bells, no one I know through the FB owner club. Will have to ask around.

Many thanks for everyone who voted for my to be shown at Wax Stock, I am pelased to say I got into the Top 16!!!

Not a great update but an update all the same.

Managed to strip the remaining suspension from the car along with the other track rod end that I had loosened off a few days earlier.

My new parts ready to be fitted; new, old stock Eibach front shocks and springs, top mounts, track rod ends and drop links-

IMG_2410_zps68a2509c.jpg

With the front suspension off I gave the arches a good clean and sent some parts to the platers to be done to prevent rust.

Suspension components, pinch bolts for suspension legs, and nuts for drop links and track rod ends-

IMG_2425_zpsb86111fa.jpg

Also had my wheel bolts done to match at the same time as they are known to go rusty and seize up over time-

IMG_2426_zps5a25bea2.jpg

Will get more photos over the next few days. Also off to have my front brakes done next week so will be a good update then :D

Alex

The attention to detail is stunning!

Thanks dude, I like my track rod ends they came out nice :) lots more to ocme next week too with my new front brakes and callipers!

Alex