Ryan's GTI

nayr

:ph34r:

Well I wanted a Lupo GTI for ages after taking a ride in a mates, sold my mk4 tdi and picked this up a day later.

Obviously its a completely different drive to the golf but it is a lot more fun to drive without a doubt, although i do miss the torque, i love the grunt of this thing when you drop a gear and let rip! Its nice to be back to petrol!

Firstpic.png

Got some Cambridge rear lights from a group buy on CL from Awesome GTI. I'm mega happy with these, I think they look 10 times better than the standards!

cambridge1.png

Got some coilovers fitted.

Had a few camber issues but got them sorted.

coilies1.png

Got some g60 brakes for the front.

g60.png

low1-1.png

low2-1.png

I have wanted a nice set of wheels for ages and some RM's came up on edition that I knew I had to have. I had them powder coated in a blue colour as red and black had been done to death. I built them out to 7.5's and 8's and had the dishes re-polished and got some polished hex caps to go with them.

boombbs.png

Got them on the car, with 185/45's all round...

Loop1.png

bbsloop.png

loop2.png

I still have to work on the stance to get it sitting perfect and need to get the arches rolled too which should be sorted in the next couple of months! :mrgreen:

Next up was interior, bought Dan's GTI seats and got them in, I know he had done them in his but they just looked so right in a Lupo so I had to have them!

int1.png

Then today I fitted a mk5 GTI front grille badge and bought a red grill trim and sprayed it to match the wheels, well happy with how it turned out :)

grill1.png

The pictures don't really do the car any justice, a dslr is needed!

Will have to get some better pictures over the weekend :ph34r:

Got some other bits planned but this is most likely how ill be rolling at edition. :lol:

Edited by nayr

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seats look good, but you really need the rears to match. Have you got them?

Wheels are different and look good. Front grille trim is a bit subtle.

The arches are going to be rolled to eliminate any arch gap, and yes the rears will eventually get either trimmed to match or a custom bench made from the mk5 ones I have.

Undecided at the minute :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Got some camber shims this weekend to try and help my rubbing arches problem!

DSC01523.jpg

Stopped in at halfords on the way home and found possibly the ultimate cleaning brush for the bolts on my BBS?! :lol::P

DSC01525.jpg

Cracked on with the shim fitting, i was a little nervous as you strip quite a lot down to this...

DSC01527.jpg

Once fitted i quite like them :mrgreen:

DSC01528.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

Also put some shorter rear adjusters in to bring the rear down more and wound the front down a little!

They still rub a little but not as much but the arches will still definatley be getting rolled next week

• 3 weeks later...