Lets see your home cinema set ups....

Putney

My Home Cinema Setup

Samsung 42" HD High Contrast Ratio Plasma

Phillips HD DVD Player

Full 5.1 Mordant Short Surround Sound Ceiling Speakers

Yamaha Amplifier with built in DAB

Yamaha Piano Black Sub

Nintendo Wii and Ps3 (moving it up there next week )

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you find the ceiling speakers? do they not give an odd sound stage? or are they angled of directional?

Nice set up by the way.....

very clean....

• 1 month later...

Sorry I'm late.

I have a Samsung 32" LCD receiving video from the PC and feeding audio to a Aiwa USB Hi-Fi ...

123qxrk.jpg

2ighybr.jpg

The Mega Drive II, Playsation, N64 and Xbox come out as and when required. None of these modern consoles for me!

Edited by Swoxy

Here's mine I have been building up since May, the speakers and DVD player are temporary ATM.

Panasonic th42pz85b

Onkyo sr875

Either Monitor Audio r270 av 12 or Tannoy revolution signature 5.1 system still to come, im going to demo both of these within the next couple of weeks, cant wait.

A Bluray player as soon as there is a good one. Possibly the new Panasonic bd35, Pio, or Oppo.

DSCF4491.jpg

Ill update in a few weeks time with new additions.

today i have mostly been wanting this!

lm_altview_tn981.jpg

Do I need to buy the airport extreme with the apple tv? Will my net gear work with the apple tv? Will te airport extreme replace the netgear and will that work on the xbox 360?

Thanks...

The zepplin is very stylish but doesnt compare to a set of amp/speakers with a dock, depends what you want it for.

Edited by L119 UPO

I still got to post mine but there is news paper everywhere for the puppy! :D

i am now in my new place and i have just picked up an optoma hd700x 720p HD projector.

my setup now stands as follows....

47" Toshiba 47WLT66 LCD

PS3

Xbox 360

Freecom WLAN 350 wireless media streamer

Optoma HD700X projector

84" projector screen

Audiolab 8000a amp

Alphason frosted glass stand

so far i am almost done setting everything up in my new flat, once it's done i will get pics. the projector truely is awesome.

all i need now is a surround sound setup which i will be buying at the end of september.

Edited by Adam K

setup my projector at the new flat today and at the distance i am projecting from the width of my image is 2 metres.

watched a few films tonight and played a bit of ps3 and an HD projector IMO is the best value for money option.

i have a 1080i 47" toshiba LCD, and the whole HD experience comes nowhere near that of the projector.

but if they are 2m's big are they not as bright and softer? I have never seen a working projector....

my flat is on the small side so can't get the distance for one.... might get one for the new place though B)

@adamk,

can you make the projector and tv work togather on the same sources?

yes with the right cables and splitter box.

but if they are 2m's big are they not as bright and softer? I have never seen a working projector....

my flat is on the small side so can't get the distance for one.... might get one for the new place though B)

nope, the image is sharp and bright. i will take some pics when i unpack my digital camera. still got loads of boxes and bags in the flat and i don't know where to start.

come over one evening if you like and have a play.

Edited by Adam K

What are they like for gaming? Last time I was round my mate's we were playing Soul Caliber IV, looked fantastic with MASSIVE fighters :D

only 1 word needed to describe it... awesome.

i doubt i'll go back to playing on my 47" lcd if i have the choice.

What are they like for gaming? Last time I was round my mate's we were playing Soul Caliber IV, looked fantastic with MASSIVE fighters :D

you could get an optoma hd65 from Roy Jowett for £437. you definitely would not be disappointed with it.

http://www.royjowetthomecinema.co.uk/categ...-Projector.html

Edited by Adam K