Fell off my car ??? Eckk!!!

alex4478

I was hoping it was some ones elses, but I park so far from anyone else that I'm sure I would have seen it this morning when I parked. I saw it when I came back from town.

There is also no rust and sharp edges to the most front facing break.

Questions are ...

Can I still drive?

Is it difficult expensive to replace?

£50 a spring atm on euro car parts, Please note you will have to do BOTH springs

I would avoid driving it if possible

see link

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Lupo_1.7_1999/p/car-parts/suspension-and-steering/suspension/coil-spring/?627444040&1&61abc49723210dea936e9b9e0a2f89216f4e5f1c&000073

Judging by the fact you mentioned hearing a 'TWANG' I'd say its off your car. As others have said, make sure you replace both sides. If its a rear spring, fairly easy to do, but if its a front spring, bit more involved, but not beyond the realms of an enthusiastic DIY mechanic. You-tube is your friend here!

Edited by lupogtiboy

Yep, coil spring. I recommend getting underneath and having a look to see if the spring has come out of the shock. If it hasn't at the bottom, it potentially has at the top (as is what happened with mine, without me knowing).

£50 at ecp?

Someone is getting ripped off, I remember paying £19 for a front spring on a GTI about eighteen months back.

I only paid £40 for a Sachs spring for a mk5 R32 last weekend. (I only did one and I used a spring rated for a mk5 TDI 4mo)

I'd suggest using it as a good excuse to get coilovers/lowering kit.

As Rich has said its a brilliant excuse to get it on a set of coilovers,

Where did the Jenvey mobile go after yourself ?

It went to Scotland i think Inverness area ish, it was an older miserable b*****d who bought it. That was about 6 year ago now, i haven't heard of it since although it seems to still be on the road (tried to insure it).

Going for another Gti tomorrow can't stay away from them.