advice on which lupo to get

Joeww

Honestly. Please don't fit a DV to a diesel. Its like putting a mustache on the mona lisa.

Are you sure your mate isn't running a decat pipe, these make a stupid sound similar to a dv.

i honestly dont know, he drove off and to me it sounded like it had a dump valve, again im no mechanic so i cant be sure but as he drove off someone shouted 'haha diesel dump valve' so thats all i have to go on!

Honestly. Please don't fit a DV to a diesel. Its like putting a mustache on the mona lisa.

Are you sure your mate isn't running a decat pipe, these make a stupid sound similar to a dv.

Adding a moustache is possible. It's like adding legs that are doing a river dance on the mona Lisa. Impossible.

If someone shouted "haha (is you Friend nelson from the Simpsons?) diesel dump valve" they are also equal to or bigger than tools that "nail it past people"

u also save on tax with the tdi....better fuel economy..... more torquey aswell. i have only had a couple a 1.4 polo 6ns and they drank fuel. so if the sport is anything to go by id go for the tdi unless your not bothered about saving the spondoolies

• Like 1

Remember; you will pay a premium for a TDi so if budget is limited yo may have your hand forced.

Very true. But the running costs "could" outweigh them. Just play it by ear but I swear tdi's are going up in price.

Remember; you will pay a premium for a TDi so if budget is limited yo may have your hand forced.

indeed however it will hold its price

would you rather spend 2k and then get it back when you sell it or 1k for a 1.4 and then spend a further 1k on insurance and tax and petrol and never see it again :shades:

• Like 1

Tdi all the way, epic mpg's, nippy enough when mapped and fairly bomb proof.

And you can fit a dumpvalve quite easily, they are opened by a solenoid connected to a vacuum.

How ever they have no place on a diesel as mentioned above and sound a bit **** and will make you look like a right tit IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

You won't regret getting a 1.4 TDi with a re-map. Mines at 108BHP and 182 Nm. (£200 at Jabbasport in 2005). It was done 140,000 miles ago (now at 175,000), I do about 1,200 miles a month and no problems with reliability.

Fuel consumption is down to about 49-51 mpg on long run at around 80-85 mph. Don't know what it will do at lower cruising speeds; never tried it; never wanted to.

Still on the original clutch and drive shafts and only recently changed the suspension all round.

Value for money or what?

Don't all turbo cars technically have a dump valve anyway, the factory ones are just quieter?

I could be wrong but in a petrol boost is built up foot off the accelerator and the throttle plate closes. Now you got boost going nowhere. In a diesel the cylinder always fills with air. No throttle body or butterfly plate. Plus the cylinder always fills so I don't think there would be a dump valve.

Diesel change acceleration with fuel injected but petrol need a fairly precise air to fuel ratio so filling the cylinder with air each time wouldn't work as its got spark plugs and not running off compression.