Limp Mode

Rachel2

Hello! I have a 1.4 bright blue Lupo which I love!

However last week I was driving on the motorway and my acceleration went and my engine went into Limp mode, I took it to the garage and they carried out diagnostics and code was throttle body (which is £400 for a new one) I took the advice of the garage and got a second hand working one which matched up perfectly with the serial numbers, after changing over the throttle bodies the EPC light still remains and the car is still in limp mode! Unsure where to go next.. please help!

You may have to re align the throttle body using VagCom and clear the code. I've heard that sometimes it can sort itself in which case clearing the code should kick it out of limp mode.

Try unhooking your battery for 20 minutes to see if that can clear it, worth a shot!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a leek early November due to a blockage below my windscreen which lead to water leaking into the footwell of my passenger side, once we fixed the leak my EPC light came on and my car would rev past 20, and it turns out the water had leaked into my engine management box or something and it shut down the brain of my car

You're lucky Rich isnt sending you pictures...

the craic here is pretty good... dont take it to heart.

Ray loves sheep... in a loving way

Yeah, if anything you should feel honoured, apart from a junior member on here you're the only other girl rich has picked up on his radar. For my curiosity tho are you the lefty or the righty?