ATTEMPTED THEFT??

Loopy Lupo

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> very sinister goings on this morning - heard knocking at back door about 4.15 am - couldn't be arsed getting up so left it.....about 4.45 am heard a knocking again - this time went down, it was light outside - no one to be seen - waited and looked front and back of house (from inside) ....nothing. i live in a quite rural area near to main transport route...... my car is on drive, but is obviously immobilised and i have the dislock around steering wheel as does wife's motor - i reckon possibly 2 blokes hiding ready to bash me and take the keys - possibly to both cars...went outside about 30 mins later with an enormous kitchen knife - but saw no one.....i can't think of anything else it might be? mrs is upset too - lovely persons. Edited by Loopy Lupo

I wouldn't answer the door, I'd open the upstairs window with my pre-charge air rifle (21 ib/foot muzzle energy) loaded with a Promethius steel tip hunting pellet. Shouting like Tub's "Can I help you at all!?"

B*stards!

yep everything in place - but no offence tim i know what someone knocking on my back door sounds like - i reckon defo after keys to be away with cars.....i'm really not happy about this....no point in phoning pigs coz nothing's actually happened...would be no point anyway - unless i got banged up for stabbing some thieving ****s.

Invest in some CCTV mate. Never can be too sure when its the safety of you and your family. You could get a good B&W camera with infrared illuminators and a dedicated vcr for under £200. Perfect night vision!

does sound dodgy, they might just have been chacking if somone was in though so that they would know if they would be disturbed if an alarm went off or if there was a bloke in the house.

I tought my old cat to jump up & open the front door to my old house.

I've since moved & he lives in same village but at my mum & dads house.

Apparently the woman who bought my old place has been waking up in middle of the night terrified that someone was trying to get in - kept hearing the door handle going laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

My spazzy old cat just trying to get in & get fed.

Most police dont care (not all), and im talking from personal experiance.

Personally i keep 3 Katana swords in my house, but i have always been paranoid. Once i was up late doing an all nighter of college work about about 3am i saw a light outside my window, 2 blokes shining a tourch in my & my dads car. went outside with my 9" divers knife, they ran faster than homer simpson chasing a donut truck (ps. i was drugged up on coffee and red bull)

Edited by Phlegyas

Most police dont care (not all), and im talking from personal experiance.

Personally i keep 3 Katana swords in my house, but i have always been paranoid. Once i was up late doing an all nighter of college work about about 3am i saw a light outside my window, 2 blokes shining a tourch in my & my dads car. went outside with my 9" divers knife, they ran faster than homer simpson chasing a donut truck (ps. i was drugged up on coffee and red bull)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh-kaaaay Mr Bates... huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Okay, joking aside now - it's one thing stopping people breaking into your car, but it's another thing to put yourself & your family at risk.

If someone gets into your house you have no choice, and personally I would give them the kicking of a lifetime, but you have to try to avoid that kind of risk.

I know nothing about where you live, but here I've had people ring the doorbell at all hours, and it's usually just drunks who don't know where they are or think they're at home and wonder why the key doesn't work.

While I think you did the right thing in not going outside when there was nobody obviously there, you might be thinking it was worse than it actually was.

Has there been any other crime recently in the area? What is the other car you have? From a thief's point of view, a Lupo GTI isn't the kind of car I'd go for - I'd either be going for an old hot-hatch which is easy to start without the keys, or I'd be looking for something faster/more valuable and also less conspicious, like a CTR or Leon Cupra R.

I wouldn't answer the door, I'd open the upstairs window with my pre-charge air rifle (21 ib/foot muzzle energy) loaded with a Promethius steel tip hunting pellet. Shouting like Tub's "Can I help you at all!?"

B*stards!

Never guess he comes from the Midlands would you biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Sounds just like home!

At least everythings ok loopy, just be wary of the next few nights, just incase. Its crap how its come to this though.

Thats strange, but it wouldnt surprise me if they were trying to nick your motor. lovely persons!

Besides, what are you doing in posession (sp?) of an ilegal firearm?...................... Oh yeah, to shoot cheeky ****s that try and nick your car biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Would it be easy to fit a pimp my ride voice alarm pre-recorded with Xzibit telling people to stand away from the car  biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want one! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Thats strange, but it wouldnt surprise me if they were trying to nick your motor. lovely persons!

Besides, what are you doing in posession (sp?) of an ilegal firearm?......................  Oh yeah, to shoot cheeky ****s that try and nick your car biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be fair mate, it might not mine. But the chap who owns it has a Fire arms certificate so its legal. But back to the matter in hand, if someone was trying to take my car I would do everything in my power to stop them. I have worked hard! and saved for two and a half years to buy my GTi. I loves my baby wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

I know nothing about where you live, but here I've had people ring the doorbell at all hours, and it's usually just drunks who don't know where they are or think they're at home and wonder why the key doesn't work.

While I think you did the right thing in not going outside when there was nobody obviously there, you might be thinking it was worse than it actually was.

Has there been any other crime recently in the area?  What is the other car you have?  From a thief's point of view, a Lupo GTI isn't the kind of car I'd go for - I'd either be going for an old hot-hatch which is easy to start without the keys, or I'd be looking for something faster/more valuable and also less conspicious, like a CTR or Leon Cupra R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know what you mean snoop - but it's quite rural where i live - on the edge of a town and has been subject to crimes of this sort before - admittedly few and far between though....my wife has a new A2 TDI with all the bells and whistles on - this sort of car crime is on the increase stealing to order (with keys) and just cloning the car - i may be looking at worse case scenario - but that's just how i am....

To be fair mate, it might not mine. But the chap who owns it has a Fire arms certificate so its legal. But back to the matter in hand, if someone was trying to take my car I would do everything in my power to stop them. I have worked hard! and saved for two and a half years to buy my GTi. I loves my baby wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ditto - but then again i don't want my head cracked off the pavement - or a charge of doing something to the scrote trying to do it - either way the law screws you - they won't do anything about your motor being nicked - and if you take matter into your own hands they nick you! i know i'm being a little pedantic - but that's how it can work in the real world......taking a couple of baseball bats home from work tonight.....

taking a couple of baseball bats home from work tonight.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You work for a baseball team? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Sorry rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

the best thing to do is have motion sensing lights like somebody already mentioned, or lights on all the time. burglars don't like light for obvious reasons. another good thing is to have a gravel driveway depending on how long your drive is.

If it happens again, try and get to a point where you can see your door or where the knocking is coming from, don't turn on any lights because that will alert any intruders.

Let us know about any developments.