4.8 litre lupo

VW-LUPO-S

It is real, but a complete waste of time. the 4.2 they used was old school, 300hp yes but so much weight and work for so little relative output. 1.8t would have been a better idea as you can easily see that much power and add less weight in the process. If it had have been a 400hp+ 4.2, then that far supersedes the generally attainable output of the 1.8t and would have been a good idea.

• Like 1

I'm sure I saw somewhere a 1.8 lupo putting out 484bhp. Sh*ts all over this any day haha

There you go :)

I know Sam's on here is pushing close to 400.

This was just a waste of a good 3L :)

The worst part of all this was they put the 1.2 tdi in the old school a8 that donated the 4.2 haha

amazing whats possible though.
i heard the 1.8t are abit slugish? my uncle has one pushing about 320 and it seems to just drag back like its not all there?

They're only as sluggish as you make them. For starters 1.8t owners will tell you that you have to get used to driving it (as with any car tbh). Once you're on boost, then they shouldnt be, especially not with 'about 320'. It does depend what 1.8t car we are talking about.

A 1.8t Lupo is good times. A 1.8t b7 a4 hmmmm...

• Like 1

Well, you gotta have a hobby. If they enjoyed doing it, why not?

No less pointless than climbing Everest or trekking to the south pole!

None of the above makes sense. It's not totally pointless, they've successfully proved they can fit a really heavy, underpowered, out of date engine into a rare 3L.