LOWERING MY VW LUPO *HELP*

Odsey

I currently have a blue vw lupo (obviously) and i need to get it lowered but i don't want it to be lowered a crappy 60mm! i want to go double that like 120mm but although i have looked online for coilovers i cant find any that go low enough for me. Can some one help me by either giving me a suggestion on what i should do or a link to where i can buy some coilovers?

^ this. The coilovers say they go 80mm or whatever but most go silly low on the front. Adjusters out for decent rear lows. Or FK coilovers have shorter rear springs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JOM-Height-Adjustable-Coilovers-VW-LUPO-/281000840149?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item416cf48bd5

It's what most people run on. Take adjusters out the back or lob a coil off the back and put the cup in. helpers off the front too should do the trick. Have a fiddle and find where your happy :) everyone is different. Low profile tyres also help a lot

Edited by jadelauren

Sorry, but no. The FK AK kit has a fixed 40mm drop spring & damper setup on the rear. Fine if you want massive rake :lol: Otherwise not very good.

Unless they've realised that's a bloody stupid idea & they come with adjustable rears now, correct me if I'm wrong.

That said, DPM do sell the aforementioned JOMs at the bargain price of £190 I believe :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Sorry, but no. The FK AK kit has a fixed 40mm drop spring & damper setup on the rear. Fine if you want massive rake :lol: Otherwise not very good.

Unless they've realised that's a bloody stupid idea & they come with adjustable rears now, correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong :P You worried me with this after I bought mine, but they definitely aren't fixed 40mm. I have nice lows at the back, but of course, I want more!

That said, DPM do sell the aforementioned JOMs at the bargain price of £190 I believe :thumbsup:

I've got a set of JOM's - can't fault em and would suggest them to anyone

Have you been in any others with a premium coilover setup to judge that from ?

Personally I would only get them if the car cost peanuts in the first place and I didn't really care about it

I've spent a grand on wheels and would probably go for joms if I were to buy coilovers again. I'm running kw's but with the height it's at and the stretch that's on I really couldn't care less about handling. It handles like a piece of **** anyway haha. It depends what you're after isnit.

You're wrong :P You worried me with this after I bought mine, but they definitely aren't fixed 40mm. I have nice lows at the back, but of course, I want more!

Phew, that's alright then. Well done FK.