The pointless thread

Piers

Is this the list of novelty items we should have on our roof racks

Edited by scotty_82

Ray, are you a vegan or a vegetarian?

Vegetarian. Vegans are real weird.

That said, the "dairy" industry has big issues.

I'm getting grief from someone at work as they blame me directly for the horse scandal.

Just because I used to feed them something pre made & horsey whenever I couldn't be arsed to make other things.

And Piers, there's only 3 dots in an ellipses.

your so negative............ :(

do you eat fish ray?

some people i know claim to be vegetarian but are happy to eat fish.

Personally i couldnt go without meat but i understand the reasons some people are vegetarian... so for now, ray is safe from abuse.

Yes beer too! Fining agents are generally a fish product. Lot's of wines are now available for vegetarians as they used egg based finings, but yes, not vegan.

Bentonite or natural standing for vegans.

your so negative............ :(

do you eat fish ray?

I did until a short while back...

A. It's okay to eat fish, they don't have any feelings.

B. If he did that would make him a pescatarian.

...as Rich correctly states in B. above.

I think A. is a lie.

some people i know claim to be vegetarian but are happy to eat fish.

Personally i couldnt go without meat but i understand the reasons some people are vegetarian... so for now, ray is safe from abuse.

They need to get their identity sorted out as they confuse things. I mean, since when has a fish been a vegetable?

Bring it on horsey boy.

Vegetarians that eat fish are bawbags

I agree. Again they need to find their "correct tag".

Ray is a vagitarian.

...just don't touch the pork sausage or white sauce.

Didn't Stan almost turn into one big giant pussy after becoming a vegetarian for a few days? Me thinks this is enough of a reason to continue eating horse meat.

• Like 3

what was your reason behind stopping ray... and be honest... do you miss steak?

what are you going to have when we do a BBQ?! veggie burger (must admit they are quite nice)!

Who is Stan?

I haven't eaten meat since '93. And I was very fussy about what fish I ate.

South Park ;)

Well for health reasons I rarely ate red meat for about 5 years prior to that and it was a natural progression.

I don't really have that much of an issue with meat, what I have an issue with is the way the animals are treated: Bred, transported, reared, transported, sold transported in really intolerable conditions.

"We" should go back to eating seasonal and local produce which includes meat. If it's born in Perthshire it should be reared, slaughtered, butchered and eaten within a reasonable distance. Not transported around Europe and back to get the cheapest product.

I mean what "value on a life" when customers want the cheapest possible product. What do they expect for their 59p burgers? I'm surprised it was horse and not worse.

As for the veggie BBQ options, I could fill an entire page.

But on a BBQ note that really pee'd me off: A couple of years back it was my Dad's 80th Birthday, so my sister arranged a party in her pub garden. And my siblings decided to get a Hog Roast, which I was expected to pay my share 1/6th which I think was about £100.

I was insured that there would be a veggie option. So on the day, the family and guests were enjoying their dead animal and we had a piece of cardboard masquerading as a vegegie burger. No effort at all, even the salad was so limp it looked like it been grabbed out of a green grocers skip on route.

Well for health reasons I rarely ate red meat for about 5 years prior to that and it was a natural progression.

I don't really have that much of an issue with meat, what I have an issue with is the way the animals are treated: Bred, transported, reared, transported, sold transported in really intolerable conditions.

"We" should go back to eating seasonal and local produce which includes meat. If it's born in Perthshire it should be reared, slaughtered, butchered and eaten within a reasonable distance. Not transported around Europe and back to get the cheapest product.

I mean what "value on a life" when customers want the cheapest possible product. What do they expect for their 59p burgers? I'm surprised it was horse and not worse.

As for the veggie BBQ, I could fill an entire page.

The horse meat scandal didn't surprise me one bit. I blame the supermarkets more than those who produced the meat. After all, it's the supermarkets who dictate what they want to pay for meat. I was surprised that in truth, those selling the produce don't really have a say. Supermarkets just say "we WILL pay you this, and if you don't like get the **** out of my office". No wonder corners were cut. It was bound to happen.

Edited by Skezza

yeah i totaly agree. we get all of our meat from the local butcher. its NEVER frozen! we sometimes use morrisons for meat but im pretty sure they source it locally.

Horse meat is a luxury in france! we should consider ourselves lucky really! they pay big money for it