Sdi or 1.0

harrysteele9

Speak for yourself :P Mine is quicker than when i bought it, it also doesn't sound like a tractor :D

No doubt about, plus I don't care if you have a massively powerful diesel engine petrol will always be more fun no matter what.

But the diesels do give you silly good mpg, but yeah they do sound proper tractory.

Yeah, mine sounds like a tractor. In the words of my girlfriend when I first bought it "it feels like I'm on a bus"

Nissan Micra's have great engines but like I said, they're made of tinfoil. Has anyone ever watched the Euro NCAP video from 2000 of an old Nissan Micra, watch that and then the Lupo one and you'll feel a lot safer.

If you're not convinced, then watch the FIAT Seicento Euro NCAP video :P If Micra's were made out of tinfoil, Seicento's were made out of plasticine.

WHAT??

Epic engines in them. Like proper go for a silly miles. I'd go for a sdi over a 1l petrol. More reliable (arguably), cheaper to run more modding options and if you get one after 2001 £30 tax.

Everyone loves the £30 road tax for a year. No half year option! Got my tax due this week... not battering an eyelid. Cheaper than filling up my tank! on the other hand yes it does sound like a tractor but still gets the respect it deserves as a frugal 1.7 non turbo lupo :) plus the engine noise matches with all the other tractors about. Petrol car = weekend toy for me. No good running 80 miles a day in the turbo mazda... i'd spank my weeks lupo fuel practically in 2 days with the Mazda. Hence why I got the sdi for my work run and to go and see the family from York to Cambridge :)

Edited by jadelauren

There isn't enough Micra love here.

I had one years upon years ago and it was great.

Where is it now Rich? I don't think there is many JDM lovers on here to be honest. Never had the privileged to experience the drive of a Micra unfortunately.

Where is it now Rich? I don't think there is many JDM lovers on here to be honest. Never had the privileged to experience the drive of a Micra unfortunately.

First car, naturally it had to go upside down in a field.

• Like 1

Did it crumple like it was made of tinfoil?

Yes. I assure you it will have. :D

Edited by Skezza

The mircra might have a good engine but its so ugly and dull it as a 'cool' rating of about 1 out of 10

atleast the 1.0 lupo has a character and is seen as a quite cool little car

or atleast where i come from

Did it crumple like it was made of tinfoil?

No. It held up fine & I only suffered minor injuries. That could have been due to the fact I wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

The mircra might have a good engine but its so ugly and dull it as a 'cool' rating of about 1 out of 10atleast the 1.0 lupo has a character and is seen as a quite cool little car or atleast where i come from

Have you ever driven one? I'm not saying the lupo is a bad car but a Micra has many strengths and is a very good car. Vag drivers taking about character? Come on now your clutching at straws now :-p

Edited by Dblock
  • Like 1

It's a fact that all first cars are either crashed, or driven so badly they become not worth repairing.

My first car was a fantastic little Pug 106. Super reliable. Ended up a Cat B lol, was hit at 60Mph by some tool in an Astra.

• Like 1

All first cars must die. It's the rules.

What did you stack ?

£500 worth of Ford KA. Had the airbag light on so decided to see if it was truly ****ed. Barrel rolled it 3 times and cleared 10ft of hedge out at 80mph... The airbag never came out. lovely personing thing.

Erm.. the lupo is my first car..

Have you ever driven one? I'm not saying the lupo is a bad car but a Micra has many strengths and is a very good car. Vag drivers taking about character? Come on now your clutching at straws now :-p

your right VW naturally have no character (golf,bora,passat,polo) but the little lupo has character ,

£500 worth of Ford KA. Had the airbag light on so decided to see if it was truly ****ed. Barrel rolled it 3 times and cleared 10ft of hedge out at 80mph... The airbag never came out. lovely personing thing.

I've always wanted to roll something.

• Like 1

Erm.. the lupo is my first car..

your right VW naturally have no character (golf,bora,passat,polo) but the little lupo has character ,

LOL!! 1st car and he tells me micra's are crap.

All first cars must die. It's the rules.

What did you stack ?

Thats what happened to my sport :shifty:

• Like 1