Sdi or 1.0

harrysteele9

The SDI is slow the traffic lights but when you get up to 70mph it's a different beast. It's quick going from 70mph to 90mph.

My SDI is nippy for a diesel. Once you go past 60mph she's quite fast. Can't compare her to petrol mind but she makes up for her slow times with her £30 road tax for the year and 80mpg :)

To be honest, the only place I find my SDI to be slow is accelerating between 40-60. It's quite nippy from the off I find, not lightning, but quick.

• Like 1

Neither are fast, but the torque of the diesel engine will benefit on the A roads, dual carriageway and motorway.

I never had any issues with my 1.0. Drive it like a 1.0 and expect it to do things like a 1.0. Fun days!

A good service and a few slight improvements to the way the air comes in and the way it leave will see you getting a little more speed. Only a little. Mine is alot faster than when i bought it, but still **** slow.

Neither are fast, but the torque of the diesel engine will benefit on the A roads, dual carriageway and motorway.

I never had any issues with my 1.0. Drive it like a 1.0 and expect it to do things like a 1.0. Fun days!

I am not expecting much..

but a 1.0 micra is much quicker and there sh*t

Need a little more power, i dont race about , just low and very very very slow

haha

I think you must have issues. My 1.0 was never fast, but it coped admirably fully laden with 2 adults, a 35kg dog and a weeks camping kit:

High...

3675773765_c7a6f76dfd.jpg
50bhp, fully loaded at 670m by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

...and low.

3616781333_9c5e23129a.jpg
Whitesands Bay, June 2009 by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

I think you must have issues. My 1.0 was never fast, but it coped admirably fully laden with 2 adults, a 35kg dog and a weeks camping kit:

High...

3675773765_c7a6f76dfd.jpg

50bhp, fully loaded at 670m by Ray Crabb, on Flickr

...and low.

3616781333_9c5e23129a.jpg

Whitesands Bay, June 2009 by Ray Crabb, on Flick

Me have issues or the car ?

• Like 1

I was thinking the car, but now you mention it...

jump.gif

Neither have issues, but my little loop is on 16 inch wheels 195/45/16 maybe thats causing low down sluggishness

smaller wheels might give me that little bit extra pull low down

Maybe you should buy a Nissan Micra then as they appear to be faster. Quicker [*cough] 0-60 and slower top end, suggests lower gearing.

Nissan Micra 1.0

0-60:15.9 secs

Top Speed: 93 mph

Power: 53 bhp

VW Lupo 1.0

0-60mph: 17.1 secs

Tops speed: 94 mph

Power: 49 bhp

I reckon you've got a better chance of living when your crash your Lupo, especially when you consider that Nissan Micra's are practically made out of tinfoil.

because there bags of utter sh*t

WHAT??

Epic engines in them. Like proper go for a silly miles. I'd go for a sdi over a 1l petrol. More reliable (arguably), cheaper to run more modding options and if you get one after 2001 £30 tax.

• Like 1

How are there 'more modding options' for an sdi over a 1.0?

A 1 litre no matter what you do it doesn't seem to get any better. At least with the sdi you can remove trumpets, egr, decat and I'm sure they can be remapped. Plus your getting silly mpg. I know you can do similar mods on the 1l but it doesn't seem to do much.