Any info on the restyled Polo?

wilco

Ive not heard that.

I heard it may have a newly designed 1.6T

Unless they have totally rebuilt the front end of the Polo, then Id be supprised if the mounting points of a 1.8T would cause two many clearnce problems.

Either way. 1.6T/1.8T it should be fun :wink:

QUOTE(Tigz)

Either way. 1.6T/1.8T it should be fun :wink:

i agree with u there , especially if it is styled the same as the pics of it that i seen from polos uk , it should be a right little rocket biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

read it was going to be the 1.8T with 150, just a bit under the Ibiza Cupra but you can easily have more power than that just as snoop said

220 bhp polo?? not my favourite shaped car but... :oops:

Theres been all sorts banded about over the last couple of years, but no hard information. However, judging by how important mr pissedhistrousers claims the GTi badge is to his vision of modern VW, then I'd fully expect one sometime next year.

Autocars latest word on the subject:

There’s no offical word, though, on the mooted Polo GTi, which has been absent from the `fourth-generation` model despite `platform-sharing` siblings spawning quick versions in the form of the Seat Ibiza Cupra and Skoda Fabia vRS. Rumours suggest a hot version may be launched next year.

I can't see them putting in the 1.8T engine to be honest as thats being superseeded by the 2.0 FSi T, and they wont put that engine in the polo because they wont want it to be as quick or quicker than the golf as it will take it's sales away. I think it's more likely that they'll put the standard 2.0 FSi engine in it with 150 BHP, that way it's meaty enough and it wont be as quick as the golf, they'll probably fiddle with it so that it sits comfortably between the Lupo GTi and the Golf GTi performance wise as it seems they are continuing production of the GTi loop. It would also be good if they put a 150 diesel engine in it but it's already known that the 130 engine will be seen in the GT model so it seems unlikely.

Just thought I'd add, the facelifted polo is at my local dealer here. Me and Sarah were out for a walk this evening and peered in through the window. I'll go and have a good gander tomorrow, got the day off, the front looks really smart, couldn't see if they've changed the interior though.

it's not exactly an enormous facelift - personally i was pissed they didn't doa gti of prev model the twin headlights (outer pair xenon) wopuld have been cool - having said that i agree that they won't put 1.8t or fsi t in it - 150pd would be fruity with remap!