Scrape

mattbagshaw

So how low would you need to go to actually scrape on speed bumps? Ect :)

Best bet tbh would be to take your springs out, and run without tyres.

do what every one does, lower it till it looks good and live with the consequences.

Ur right,i am the silliest person changing my Bilsteins to jom coilovers,,cos i want lows,since then i butchered driveshafts and dreaming of my Bilsteins back cos they handle like god..

Well if its beached then yeah you wont handle, but i dont think anyone can say KWs on full drop isnt 'low', yes air ride is lower, yes people who have chopped 400 coils off their springs are lower, but hey, im low enough for me and the ride is still tight and forgiving.

Edited by JoeA

If you want your front bumper scraping off them and scraping your sub frame everywhere on cambered roads etc then helpers out, half the bump stops and wind coilovers right down + chassis notch. I done all this in the plan to raise the rings after i'd removed the helpers. Found out the rings had seized after doing all this so i left it angrily. If you want the back low you have to cut springs or get corsa b shocks and washers.

It's the corsa rear spring that lower it not the shocks ;) The shocks are shorter and allow for the shorter spring

Sure someone corrected me the opposite before and it made no sense but no one said otherwise. You are as well to get the shockies as well because they are shorter which means they will be less likely to blow.

really?

Yeah. Speed bumps here seem to be massive. The block ones are really really bad. My current car I don't drive anywhere with speed bumps. Had a wedding at guthrie castle not realising there was speed bumps. Probably the slowest most horrible experience ever!

I was lowered on apex springs and shocks I'm sure?

Edited by Daood