Thoughts - Rattle or Pro Spray Paint

jadelauren

Hey guys,

Just want people's opinions on a rattle matte spray job on a lupo compared to a pro paint job. I know that a lot of people are split on a rattle job on a car.

Reason being is I do 500 miles a week and I've seen a few nice examples of matte vag cars :)

hmm, did you see the mess edd china made of the porsche 914 roof with shaky tins. need i say more?

• Like 1

The problem I'm having is as above, I travel 500 miles a week and my car needs a respray as the body work is getting fixed due to damage from the previous owner.

How can I keep my paintwork preserved and show quality if rattle matte or rattle matte then gloss is a no go?

My partners mx5 is rattled cream and that turned out quite clean :)

You just need good wax for protection. Things like stone chips are going to happen doing that milage but you'll never have " preserved and show quality " paintwork on a daily car doing that many miles. Don't rattle it, it will be streaky and look terrible. Get the panels your fixing sprayed up and save for a second 'show car' or another daily

Just don't tailgate anyone, don't go through big puddles, don't rally down the motorway, always use the two bucket method and wax the tits off it. Then when show season comes just fill in any stone chips that got through with sampler paint :)

Google "car bukkake" covering, it gives a good rich coat to cover the car and help aid against the repaired paint being damaged.

Edited by scotty_82
  • Like 1

A cheaper alternative would be to plasti-dip it matte black, use the spray gun with the plasti-dip and it will conserve the paint work underneath, then you can just peel it off where and when you like no drama......google plasti-dip a car.....remember that car programme about people who make love to there cars....- think scott may have watched that :-)

• Like 1

Nah they used to just dry hump the sh*t out of them, they got two together and they was both looking at each others cars, when stopping in a hotel over night, one of the blokes dry humps the others motor.....fantastic tv

A cheaper alternative would be to plasti-dip it matte black, use the spray gun with the plasti-dip and it will conserve the paint work underneath, then you can just peel it off where and when you like no drama......google plasti-dip a car.....remember that car programme about people who make love to there cars....- think scott may have watched that :-)

Thank you ^,^ will have a look and on the cost side of it too. Maybe the best idea out of all of them to preserve the paint and still look good :)

Edited by jadelauren

If you make the right preparations and take your time you can achieve excellent results with aerosols as I did on my engine bay below;

100_1422.jpg

• Like 1

This is a real great example of a matte car :) and yours aswell jpsh120. Im guessing its all in the skill of applying and the quality of the paint

Edited by jadelauren