What to look for?

IAmConorr

Right, it's come down to it, after months of saving and getting knocked back, I've passed my test and am out looking for a Loop!

My question is what do I look for when buying one? What are their problems? What are the easy ones to fix and what aren't so easy to fix.

I'm pretty much looking for anything that could be an issue when buying one.

Your choice is limited on one main thing, do you have a penis.

If you do the insurance companies pretty much have you by the two dangley bits bellow said penis and they basically make the choice for you.

Which will probably mean a 1 litre, a 1.7sdi or maybe if you are in a posh area where the only crime is seen as the banning of fox hunting a 1.4 non sport.

If you dont have a penis then you can always send Rich pics but some european laws means you are still paying a bit more than you would of when everyone considered vaginas less risky on the road.

• Like 2

Gearbox - any crunches while changing, any whines

Pedal box - check to see if it has a very low biting point, check that the clutch pedal isnt lower then the brake

Key barrels in doors - make sure they work correctly

Rust - check the drainage on the roof thats where it normaly will be

Windows - make aure the switches work and that the windows actally work

And then just everything else you would normaly look for hope that helps

and what rich and scotty said

Surprisingly, I can get GTi insurance for little more than £2000, which at 18 I think is pretty good! However I will be buying a little 1.4 or a 1 :(

Thanks for your help anyway guys! Lets see what I can get :)

Edited by IAmConorr

Admiral, but it was through Money Supermarket, probably could get it down a little more if I rang them up!

Admiral are very good with quotes for young people. They are same bell/elephant. When i started it was 1700 on 1ltr lupo!!!!! When i swapped to elephant a year later it went down to 1000

Edited by lupo1.0se

Admiral are very good with quotes for young people. They are same bell/elephant. When i started it was 1700 on 1ltr lupo!!!!! When i swapped to elephant a year later it went down to 1000

Yeah for my first year i was on 1700 for a 1.4sport with elephant now with a years no claim and mods declared its just under £850, and they do a 10month policy which they give u a years no claim at the end of it so even better

I keep on getting quotes offered to me from Diamond? I think I can technically go on them because I've put my mum as a named driver :cheeky:

or it could be the fact of the eu saying you can't discrimnate because of the sex of the driver.

• Like 1

Your choice is limited on one main thing, do you have a penis.

If you do the insurance companies pretty much have you by the two dangley bits bellow said penis and they basically make the choice for you.

Which will probably mean a 1 litre, a 1.7sdi or maybe if you are in a posh area where the only crime is seen as the banning of fox hunting a 1.4 non sport.

If you dont have a penis then you can always send Rich pics but some european laws means you are still paying a bit more than you would of when everyone considered vaginas less risky on the road.

Gender doesn't get taken into account with the new laws, thus meaning your dangly bits are irrelevant.

You get two quotes exactly the same but one with a penis and another with a sausage wallet and I bet they differ with the phallic one being more expensive.

The eu law ha only lessened the difference but its still there

Edited by scotty_82

You get two quotes exactly the same but one with a penis and another with a sausage wallet and I bet they differ with the phallic one being more expensive.

The eu law ha only lessened the difference but its still there

They can't take sex into account anymore so in theory the quote shouldn't change if you say your male or female...

Did it with the co op and it didn't change when i said i was female from male. Was going to try on elephant but there quote system means you can't change your gender without re filling the entire quote out! I'd be interested to see other peoples quotes where nothing changes but gender. I'm not saying you were wrong scotty, I was just under the impression that the price shouldnt change as technically there not supposed to take it into account anymore

As I said go and do it and post back your findings, you will still find males to be more expensive

Scotty's right on this. Sorry guys.

They rose the price of boys and rose the price of girls. Stupid, I know.

You'll be able to be insured with good girl / diamond / Sheila's wheels etc etc because they now have to get their male quota up.

If a gti is only 2k, buy a gti.

Scotty's right on this. Sorry guys.

They rose the price of boys and rose the price of girls. Stupid, I know.

You'll be able to be insured with good girl / diamond / Sheila's wheels etc etc because they now have to get their male quota up.

If a gti is only 2k, buy a gti.

Wish I could, limited to about £4000 for car and insurance though, a GTi maybe not that much more to insure, but a fair bit more to buy outright :( gutted I didn't save harder because its really bit me now!

Edited by IAmConorr