blupo

laraanne'

Hi Guys,

So had my 1L Jazz Blue Lupo coming up for a year now, keeping it pretty standard as its my first car and only really use it for running about it.

JAN13131_zpsd8b01745.jpg

IAINSIHONE143_zpsad55ed84.jpg

Got round to tidying up a few things over the past few months and got some new sparkly badges as a christmas presents, even though I asked for mudflaps.. :angry2: good job i'm not one to be fussy. :tongueout:

JAN2013032_zps1738b8d8.jpg

The car was in good condition when I took it on but there were a few things that needed touched up, like painting the windscreen wipers as they were a little blistered and the inside door handles were scraped and had little paint left on them so today's task was to remove them and prep them for painting, and repaint them. Rather than going for the dark grey original colour I painted them the same blue as the interior of the car.

JAN13394_zps01fe2510.jpg

I got a little carried away whilst doing the door handles and decided to do the controls on both doors too.....

JAN13395_zps727a2aa5.jpg

and the speaker covers... ^_^

So far that really all that has been done to the car in the sense of 'modifications' if you can even call it that. Next thing that may get done is the engine cover to neaten up under the bonnet make it look a little cleaner. Also in desperate need of some new alloys as the ones that came on the car look like the last owner just cruised around grinding every kerb in sight. :thumbdown: As I said before, not looking to do much to the Lupo but just small cool things to make it a bit different. Would love to lower the car but because I live a little in the country, its not really practical and would only cause problems. :closedeyes: Will post updates on any more tweaks and i'm sure you'll al hear about it if I man up and completely dub the car. :thumbsup:

Thanks Lara.

I will be doing some more to it, this is just all I've gotten round to. what's your suggestions like? yeah they look cool, only really notice they crystals when your up close which is good, doesn't look to girly and tacky! its worth spraying it, just makes it look tidier. the handles pop out too so it really easy.

my car is lowered aprox 45-55mm only scrape on tall curbs when im well on the path :P

i live out in the sticks only problem iv found with it is my little 13" wheels fit very well in pot

holes :/

so taking her off the stilts wont make it useless just look a lot better for it

Yeah I would only lower it about the same, it looks really good, suits the lupo. Hm the potholes out at mine are horrendous haha and the 13's love them. I'll probably drop it soon enough for the spring/summer :) thanks guys x

one note on lowering it :P dont try and get in a field. i had to walk 2 mile home to get my dad to pull me out, touching all under the car in mud and dont pull up to curbs close mine touches and thanks to a previous crash pulls the lower bumper off :( not good in a car park :'(

Haha ill bare this in mind the next time I think about driving into a field.. Hahah :P yeah I was having a look tonight when I got out the car in a car park the bumper isn't far off it anyway so ill have to avoid kerbs haha :) knowing me ill still rasp over speed bumps and lose a bumper or something haha. Crazy! Aw man, crashes not good! X

yehhh mine is just on springs atm dont know exactly what they are as were on loopy when i got her there yellow ? iv only seen 1 set that was yellow and that was a 45-55mm set

i could be colour coding my headlights got my spare pair striped and primed just got to get black or yellow (LD1B) paint :D

Yeah been having a look at some but I rekon ill just go coilovers :) straight to the point. Haha that sounds ace. What bits of the headlights you spraying?

Really need to get more done to mine, got so carried away painting the stuff I did the other day! Haha :P

this is the best pic i could get to show what i painting

its an absolute arse to rough the chrome up round the little lines ready for primer

just hope it looks good :)

P1080402_zpsf20cd53e.jpg

and yehh 3 of my shockers have gone with the 50ish drop :') so its got to be coillovers next :D

Yeah think that's the most reasonable amount to drop it. At least till I get used to driving it lowered and stuff!

The headlights look good, I bet it was a job to rough up. My electric window controls were a pain in the arse to do so that must of been so much worse! :(

I like how it's not just me who has a stack of spare tyres in their house. Hahaa mines are currently used as a makeup desk :P

Nice Lupo and nice work so far.

:)

Haha my mum also hates it. Got nowhere else to put them. And it's a handy table haha. :P

Did you have the 15's on the lupo?

See when you paint the headlights will it look slightly discoloured when you put your lights on? Since its a coloured refection and not just chromed? Ill wait to see yours done, it sounds interesting :P