found new 165 50's!! any good??

consam44

Lolol ill get the nankang i think lads either that or is the 165/55 a slightly better option? May fill my arches slightly more to lol or even go to 185/45/15 wich im worried may look abit to chunky?

Nankangs aren't the worst. I've used them plenty of times for doing burnouts.

In the dry they are fine, in the wet they are just like any other tyre.

If you **** about then you're going to die or end up in a wheelchair making shit surveys.

Nankangs aren't the worst. I've used them plenty of times for doing burnouts.

In the dry they are fine, in the wet they are just like any other tyre.

If you **** about then you're going to die or end up in a wheelchair making shit surveys.

I'll have you know, my legless uncle makes great surveys.

He speaks the truth though.

Truth is unless you've paid to get the camber and tracking properly sorted after lowering the car it makes no difference whether or not you have decent tyres.

bridgestones are only supposed to go a maximum of 6j though and are harder to stretch where as nankangs stretch nicer:/

My mate has Potenzas on his Lupo, 7.5j bbs (Pete91 - his username on here) and another mate his them on his Polo, 7j borbet c's with no issues. Potenzas are a brilliant tyre, get them.

I'm going 165/50 Potenzas all round for next summer's wheels. Told Mrs Koop & the olds already I want tyres for my birthday thankyouplease :lol:

• Like 2

I like falkens for stretch!

but are we really all on here giving it the 'premium tyres are better/less rapey, less Ditch finding' cough 'safe' but stretch it anyway?

Are safety, noise rating, stopping distances in wet conditions, ratings/testing done on stretched tyres?

Kinda makes it all flange then don't it?

but are we really all on here giving it the 'premium tyres are better/less rapey, less Ditch finding' cough 'safe' but stretch it anyway?

No - I'm saying he should fit good tyres in the right size to improve performance and safety