GTi miles to a tank

adesignercallednick

• 2 weeks later...

In the 8 years or so of owning my GTI, I regularly get 180-200 miles-ish from 3/4 tank on v-power. Even now I'm up near 140k miles, she still averages around 30-35 mpg or upto 40 ish on a run. I generally run the rule of thumb of 50-70 miles per quarter of a tank.

I get 140miles untill my fuel light comes on.. Thats on a 123bhp arosa sport.. always use v-power or tesco momentum aswell. My driving is 20 mile round trip each day to work and 15 miles of that is motorway.

Engine management light is on but id put that down to the mods, and ime geussing it needs a couple of new lambdas and a good service!

I get 140miles untill my fuel light comes on.. Thats on a 123bhp arosa sport.. always use v-power or tesco momentum aswell. My driving is 20 mile round trip each day to work and 15 miles of that is motorway

Do you not think that is a total waste? 20mpg in an Arosa?

Why not buy something good -pretty much any hot hatch will use considerably less fuel that that, and have more than twice the power

For comparison to the Arosa, I borrowed a 2.0 tfsi Audi A5 with 7 speed dsg box, from work last week, and around town it was showing 20-25 mpg. I managed to get it up to 30mpg on a run to the coast!!

I think my cousin gets around 25mpg from his mk5 Golf Gti

Edited by lupogtiboy

Do you not think that is a total waste? 20mpg in an Arosa?

Why not buy something good -pretty much any hot hatch will use considerably less fuel that that, and have more than twice the power

Yeah I guess it is a waste, but its wicked fun to drive any hot hatch with more than twice that power out of the box will be a bigger engine car and only being 20 it rapes me on insurance :(

the money thats been spent on the arosa could of got me a S4 but the insurance is a no go unfortunately :angry2:

Averaged 26.6mpg in 30k miles in a E46 M3 driven pretty hard, mad if you get less than that from a lupo with half the engine size and almost a third of the power. Only a small 1.6 with not a huge amount of power in a light car so should be able to get 40+mpg easily, used to get 300-35 from a tank on longer trips and 250ish average.