HELP BOUNCEY COILOVERS

on it in a lupo

right i have JOM blueline coilvers on lupo 1.4 16v, at the moment i have it about 80-90mm on font and wound all way down on back and it really bouncey and tips on how i could stop this. I understand that ther budget coils and are they arent going to be the best ride in the would but is ther anything i could do?!

some ideas i had was-

front and reat strut brashes

new bushes as i no mine are f**k*d

new top mounts

dunno if any of them will work though

any help will be greatful

:thumbup:

Edited by on it in a lupo

right i have JOM blueline coilvers on lupo 1.4 16v, at the moment i have it about 80-90mm on font and wound all way down on back and it really bouncey and tips on how i could stop this. I understand that ther budget coils and are they arent going to be the best ride in the would but is ther anything i could do?!

some ideas i had was-

front and reat strut brashes

new bushes as i no mine are f**k*d

new top mounts

dunno if any of them will work though

any help will be greatful

:thumbup:

Would cutting the bump stops in half not help? Pretty sure that would but wait for someone to clarify my answer.

Edited by davidelliott294

Are they new?

Wen you say bouncy do you mean when the car is stationary and you bounce the, yourself or when you are driving over rough surfaces?

If its the former they are knackered.

If its the latter it's because they are cheap, and probably too low

Edited by Defcon5

are they new? if so you could be sitting on the bumpstops at the back..if there more than two years (15,000 miles) old then they are probably fuc***

although i'v ran joms for over a year and there fine.

Are they new?

Wen you say bouncy do you mean when the car is stationary and you bounce the, yourself or when you are driving over rough surfaces?

If its the former they are knackered.

If its the latter it's because they are cheap, and probably too low

They have covered less than a 1000miles so pretty new and it's more the front that bounces, it doesn't bounce at stand still it just bounces when I'm driving along, it was much worse when I had my adjuster out on back and 110-120 on front, but I raised it up 50mm on front and put my adjusters back in and it made it better but just still bounces a little, would any of they ideas I had work?!

ATM the only way I can see it not bouncing is raising my car right up and I don't wanna do that lol,

Buy some better ones, problem solved.

Was waiting for that comment. I did say I no ther budget and won't have the best ride just seeing if anyone had some ideas to stop it if I can

maybe you need to man up abit, cheap coilovers are a harsh ride :)

Hahaha it doesn't bother me that its bouncy, just if there was same was to stop it I would, would struct braces, bushes or top mounts do anything?

are they new? if so you could be sitting on the bumpstops at the back..if there more than two years (15,000 miles) old then they are probably fuc***

although i'v ran joms for over a year and there fine.

15,000 miles/1 year is this the life expentancy of budget coilovers?! Surely not

Why buy em if it is?

Hahaha it doesn't bother me that its bouncy, just if there was same was to stop it I would, would struct braces, bushes or top mounts do anything?

New top mounts and bearings might help.there about £20

poly bush make some top mounts that lower the car 10mm so you could raise the coils 10mm. i don't realy see how struts would help as they stiffen the car even more,but not sure on that one.

If your having problems with a harsh ride poly bushing and bracing the car is only going to make it worse. Think about it, the reason its a harsh ride is because there is less give in the suspension. If you take away the give in the chassis and the bushes you will just make it a harsher ride again.

Buy some decent coilovers, thats the only real solution. Or get a decent quality shocks and springs kit.

when the car goes over the bump the same amount of energy still has to go somewhere, so if the car was stiffer (with strut braces) more of the energy will be taken by the springs/ bushes and not the chassis.

Buy some better ones, problem solved.

Ill re-quote my original post from earlier and just leave it here ........................

Shorter springs will always have a choppier ride as they have less distance to travel in order to absorb the bump, the weight of the car sits on the springs and the shock absorber's job is to try and control this movement of the spring as you bounce down the road.

Cheap collies are bought to change the image of the car by making it lower they do not improve the roadholding or handling of the car as many people have found out, vw spend millions on perfecting and improving the ride and suspension every year. £200 a set is not going to do the same job.

What to try, put them on the highest setting and gradually lower them over a couple of outings and find when the bad bounce sets in then you either live with that height or put up with the pogo stick ride changing other components in the suspension is unlikly to help

good luck