My GTI New purchase !

GTIChris

Here's my GTI,had it bout six weeks now and lovin it.Been lowered,stubby aerial and Cambridge rears when I got it.Got some plans for it but gonna need to accumulate the parts over winter I think and get it all sorted at once.

DSCF4554.jpg

DSCF4555.jpg

So the one thing that I didn't like about my Lupo when I first got it was the red door cards so the search was on for some new ones ,eventually got some thanks to madmanncfc and here's the result.

Before
DSCF4547.jpgDSCF4546.jpgDSCF4545.jpg

After

DSCF4553.jpg
DSCF4552.jpg
DSCF4550.jpg
DSCF4549.jpg
DSCF4551.jpg

I think it looks loads better my self,toying with the idea of swapping the red belts for some black ones,what do you guys think ?

Edited by GTIChris

I want a grey one :(

What's the plans mate?

Want to do a big brake conversion with new 5 stud hubs carriers etc ,16" wheels ,would like to get a decent oem looking head unit in,new gear knob and gaiter loads of stuff really but just keep it looking sweet. :thumbsup:

do you still have the old door cards?? if so could i have them for a fee?

I'm sure something could be arranged,will have a think on a price,unless you wanna PM me with one ?

Edited by GTIChris

Damn you lol.

What's mileage etc like mate?

You had it long?

Had it bout 6 weeks,got just over 41000 on the clock,full service history.

Have to say it was pretty mint when I got it until a effin bird shat on the rear quarter and striped all the polish and I think the top layer of lacquer off :rant: ,thats the only real blight on the body work.Needs a good detailed clean,clay and polish to get it looking how I want it,just need to find the time

• 3 months later...

Got myself a 99 relay to program the wipers and found myself with a spare ten minutes today so I thought I'd get it in.

After reading the guide in the how to section thought this would be a piece of pi55 but how wrong I was.

After removing the steering cowl and all the lower half of the dash as per the guide,it says and i quote "lower the fuse box down ".

Doesn't say anything about the wiring loom and a massive connector block in the way ! :doh:

As there is about as much room under there as in a match box it was a little tricky to say the least and after an hour and and two scraped knuckles and a cut finger I managed to get it in.

Reassembly is a fookin nightmare cos the 99 fuse is twice the depth as the normal 19 it replaces so more swearing and bleeding ensued but managed to get it all back together and working.

So if you're gonna do this make sure you have twice as much time as you think you need and i'd recommend a head torch and an inspection lamp and some plasters :yes:

Any how got a few pics of some very minor updates.

How the centers looked when I got the car

IMAG0356.jpg

IMAG0357-1_zps6c81fd03.jpg

New centers

IMAG0358_zps9becfc83.jpg

Old side lights

IMAG04332_zps02e97b32.jpg

New side lights

IMAG04322_zps2e73bd11.jpg

Got some Mk4's to get in but in need of a clean and some upholstery work, will get some pics up when i get em finished.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Nice work mate. See the centres for the centre caps...where did you get them? Just eBay? Mines are ****ed and was about to go and buy a new set. Also, what's the condition of the cap on the top of your old Gti gear stick? Mines is also ****ed lol

• 3 weeks later...

Spotted this on the bay and for £2.50 thought I'd give it a punt.

Old

IMAG0560_zps4f167974.jpg

New

DSCF4664_zps7acdbf4a.jpg

Nighttime new

IMAG0572_zps2136c908.jpg

I think they match the window adjuster better than the old ones, bit of a ball ache removing the centre console but worth it :D

Arosa switches eh, I've been pondering them lately & you beat me to it, well done :lol:

Got the cap through today matey :D

Sorry for the delay on the bulbs but uni has been pretty mental lately. I put them in the post about 11 this morning :)

Glad you got it and thanks for the bulbs :thumbsup: , chuck a pic of yours with em fitted will ya :yes: