Grays Yellow nearly 3L Lupo Sport 2000 Loads of Pics

grazo22

Right I've been a member for pretty much 2 years on here now but have never done a thread on just my car, only ever the problems with it. Below is a brief story so far. After having a Defender 90 for 2 years I needed something slightly more economical to go with a new job. My friend had a Lupo 1.0 in raven blue with a checkered roof and I loved it. I wanted something with a bit of poke and an air of quality. Paid £1700 in November 2010 with 63k on the clock, full service history. Got the price down as there was emulsion on the filler cap, turned out to be the thermostat :) that was my first fix.

Give me your thoughts, views, hates, it's good to hear what people think. It's a pic heavy thread as everyone likes pictures more than a hench off paragraph

If you're in the south east I'm always at Prept, even if it's for five mins.

Mods so far

• TT front seats
  • K&N panel filter
  • Jom coilovers

This is how I got her and not much changed for a year apart from the mileage going up 10k. In that time she cost me quite a bit and I replaced the following items.

• Mats
  • Thermostat
  • Rear discs and pads
  • Both front wheel bearings
  • Lambda sensor
  • Cat (meow)
  • About 3 complete services
  • Radio
  • Couple of tyres
  • K&N panel filter
  • Fixed the slack throttle cable
  • Fixed the broken electric window switches
  • Fixed the leaky rear window washer
  • Coilpack
  • HT leads

Later on she has had

• Clutch
  • Gearbox
  • Top mounts
  • All fluids

PB200275.jpgPB200277.jpgTonbridgeandMalling-20110531-00164.jpgTonbridgeandMalling-20110531-00167.jpg

After a long time of nothing, 13 months ago I thought I'd get some coilies. Not much money allowed so I opted for JOMS as they seem to be the best of the budget and you can't knock a 2 year warranty. £215 later she looked like this.

TonbridgeandMalling-20110808-00248.jpg

TonbridgeandMalling-20110808-00249.jpg

TonbridgeandMalling-20110808-00250.jpg

Edited by grazo22

.The front was dropped a little further but I couldn't go full slam as I often needed to carry a fully load of people.

Next me and Yonson123 went to VW Action and did this. Excuse the face but I was really trying :Psaw another red sport there which was nice, also going up the strip. I did a 17.4 at 73 mph

JL4C1122.jpg

In October I changed my clutch as it was getting a bit ropey. Then a week before Christmas my gearbox went. The A team came out and I got it refurbished and finished at 10pm on Christmas eve

WP_000102.jpg

WP_000101.jpg

Then nothing happened from a couple of months. I was going 20k a year and the lupo wasn't very relaxing to commute it. Good for the weekends but not in the week. Bonus time came around and I got myself a Clio 182. I couldn't bring myself to sell the lupo so let my sister use it. All back to standard, I let Yonson123 use my coilovers instead of sitting in the garage.

WP_000225.jpg

WP_000318.jpg

WP_000553.jpg

Then it was birthday time. My girlfriend loves making cakes and this appeared :DNeedless to say it's was very exciting.

WP_000536.jpg

With birthdays also come presents.

WP_000856.jpg

Then the Lupo went away to my sister like this, still in lovely condition. I made her sign a contract to keep it nicely, has she, nope.

WP_001053.jpgWP_001064.jpg

WP_001054.jpg

Edited by grazo22

6 months went with no change other than the Clio going as it was a dog and had dephaser rattle. It was replaced with a Golf V5 Highline, much more refined and lovely. Changed the clutch on Yonson123s lupe

WP_001543.jpg

WP_001542.jpg

WP_002005.jpg

When my sister was on holiday I decided that when I get the Lupo back I'm going to go for it, got hold of some TT seats and popped the fronts it. The rears are still waiting to be fitted. It will all happen in good time though.

As I'm going back to college I can't justify running the guzzling golf so it's going and I'm going back to the Lupo.

WP_001711.jpg

So this is how she stands at the moment. Filthy.....kept by my sister. The queen of car abusers!!!! I'm getting Lemmy back next weekend and have a few plans before Christmas. Below are a few hints. Yes that's right I was the one to win that auction for the starlites on ebay ;) Today after getting the Joms back I started to free them up and make sure everything was in order, unfortunately the coil on one has snapped and another one is in the post.

WP_002406.jpg

WP_002418.jpgWP_002419.jpg

WP_002413.jpgWP_002416.jpg

Edited by grazo22

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update.

Got my new springs via JOM's 2 year warranty. Sent them an email, pic and my original receipt on Saturday and my springs were on my doorstep from Germany on Wednesday. People hate cheap coilovers but you can't argue with that service!!

Also the rest of the 3L front bumper arrived. Recently I saw one of these front end conversions sell on ebay for £320. All brand new parts I've got everything for £250. Sometimes parts from VW are cheaper than you think!!!

Any one who can offer advise on how to cut the bumper to fit I would certainly appreciate it :D

temporary-9.jpg

• Like 1

I've played with the idea of doing the wings and doors with sills to match but know that the funds will never exist for years. It'll just be the front bumper at the moment :) getting it painted in the next couple of weeks when its been cut to fit.

Should get the 3l fogs in a couple of days :D

gonna look ace mate :thumbsup:

and where is that shot of the Mk4 in the mountains? looks so nice

Edited by Dr_Barnett

Pics of sister ? :ninja:

You mean the other lupo in my signature ;)

a yellow 3l will look cool . not seen one before

There is another one which looked lushhh, I'm trying to make it OEM+ without it being too obvious.

Got the guides today and the 90 degree indicator connectors so I won't have to cut the front panel. I trod on the 3l grill last night whilst taking the temp fit off and broke a clip, dang, but will paint it when funds allow, maybe Christmas.

Anywho the VW fairy also delivered these.

WP_002624.jpg

WP_002625.jpg

WP_002626.jpg

Going to drop the back more when time allows but 14 hour days make a 5 minute light fitting the only change at the moment :D

Edited by grazo22

WP_002286.jpg

Is that your sister?

I'm afraid I will have to delete this evidence of my poor quality control when uploading onto photo bucket. My lovely lady does read this thread from time to time :)

cool plate LEJ

FREEEE, I can't even pretend it stands for anything. But LEJ is the most convincing innit, brraaapp

Small weekend update, I've done various trips to pick up my friends new polo gti and other bits. Totaling about 500 miles. Stem seals are clearly on the way as the below shows, more oil comes out the back than I can put in. I cleaned it on friday morning so it's happening rather speedily!!!

temporary-12.jpg

temporary-10-1.jpg

temporary-11-1.jpg

Cheap mod time, whip them bump strips off :thumbsup:

Ohh it's been considered but way too much risk of FADE strips appearing

Weekend clean and rattle avoidance program. TT seats out as the brackets need adjusting before I'm fully happy with the way they sit. Also the leather has been cold this week with no seat heating yet. It seems like I'm unmodding this weekend as I also put the front up 12 turns so I can actually get into the car parks I use daily.

Thinking of getting some SoundX from ebay as there's a lot of free metal for sound deadening

WP_002667.jpg

WP_002668.jpg

WP_002671.jpg