what fuel do you use?

What fuel are you running your lupo on?

I put some 95 ron fuel from morrisons in my car, is this likely to hurt the engine over time or is it ok?

1.4 16v sport version, I read in the manual to put either 95 or 98 ron fuel in, with the 95 ron giving a slight decrease in performance.

I'm just wondering what other peoples experiences are with different types of fuel.

I use the normal stuff, as I remember fifth gear did a test seeing the difference between 95 and 98 octan fuel, and until you had the power and engine level of an impreza you don't gain many extra horse power, and it's that smaller increase at that engine size you wouldnt notice the difference!

Joe

I just fill up at tesco, whatever they have, i drive a 49bhp lupo, had that had a 0 on the end of it, i may reconsider the choice of fuel, but for now, the car runs and drives fine on tesco fuel :)

Kieran

Tesco's new super fuel (or whatever its called) is supposed to be just as good as BP Ultimate.

I usually use normal BP fuel,and I use a full tank of BP Ultimate around once every 3 months or for long journeys as I get better miles (and the once every 3 months has the same effect as using a bottle Redex as it flushes out the system)

Tesco's new super fuel (or whatever its called) is supposed to be just as good as BP Ultimate.

http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/racing/Thorney_Motorsport_no_longer_endorses_Tesco_Momentum_99_fuel.shtml

This is coming from a team who were sponsored by they for years - quality control issues are the cause apparantley

Bp ultimate and v power, get an extra twenty miles per tank,

I run shell v power in my arosa sport and occasionally stick 10 Ltrs of 100 octane race fuel in from work just to help clean inside the engine.

Using vpower over any other 98ron I get about a extra 10-15 miles till my fuel light comes on ..

Also on the note of fuel how many miles do you get from a full tank to your fuel light coming on ?

We've now lost our Shell garage in Perth, so it's either Tesco Momentum or BP Ultimate.

Pinks like a bitch if I put 95RON in as did my 1.0 Arosa, so that always got the 97/98/99RON too.