Project - Lt. Shinysides - Jazz Blue 1.4s

hodge112

Since i'm back in a Lupo (for the minute at least) i figured i should make a thread.

For those that don't know, i've been on here for a while now, and this is now my second Lupo.

Heres a couple of pictures of my old Lupo which was scrapped last week.

DSCN5802lomoe.jpg

DSCN5803lomo2e.jpg

130.jpg

Anyway, out with the old in with the new i guess

The car was my girlfriends, but as she got a new car and my mk2 golf had a hole in the sump i've had this off her.

I'll start from the very beginning anyway...

This was when we very first got the car

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

Grubby Interior

IMG_0337.jpg

Cleaned

IMG_0368-Copy.jpg

De-badged and de-wipered

IMG_0379-Copy.jpg

Front bumper re-painted

IMG_0386-Copy.jpg

GTi wipers

IMG_0532.jpg

And how it looks now

IMG_0393-Copy.jpg

Which is still what it looks like atm, the only thing i've done up till now is fit a new headunit

$(KGrHqJHJBwE-dg)E7swBPs+,Wnyi!~~60_35.JPG

which i dont actually have a picture of.

I do have a few things which i plan to fit over the weekend so i'll update soon.

that green thing you had looked sick at UD in March!

It wasn't there mate

how come you scrapped the Green one? i thought you were doing work too it?

I was, it got scrapped because we don't have the space for it at the new house, so it was either the girlfriends Polo or the Lupo :innocent:

Little update

Out with the light grey

DSCF0459.jpg

In with the dark grey

DSCF0460.jpg

Closely followed by GTI seats

DSCF0461.jpg

DSCF0462.jpg

And the headunit

DSCF0463.jpg

I still need a few little dark grey bits to finish it off but you get the idea

• Like 1

Since i'm back in a Lupo (for the minute at least) i figured i should make a thread.

For those that don't know, i've been on here for a while now, and this is now my second Lupo.

Heres a couple of pictures of my old Lupo which was scrapped last week.

DSCN5802lomoe.jpg

DSCN5803lomo2e.jpg

130.jpg

Anyway, out with the old in with the new i guess

The car was my girlfriends, but as she got a new car and my mk2 golf had a hole in the sump i've had this off her.

I'll start from the very beginning anyway...

This was when we very first got the car

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

Grubby Interior

IMG_0337.jpg

Cleaned

IMG_0368-Copy.jpg

De-badged and de-wipered

IMG_0379-Copy.jpg

Front bumper re-painted

IMG_0386-Copy.jpg

GTi wipers

IMG_0532.jpg

And how it looks now

IMG_0393-Copy.jpg

Which is still what it looks like atm, the only thing i've done up till now is fit a new headunit

$(KGrHqJHJBwE-dg)E7swBPs+,Wnyi!~~60_35.JPG

which i dont actually have a picture of.

I do have a few things which i plan to fit over the weekend so i'll update soon.

Im running 13s on mine how on earth did you get that fitment on the rear? what tyres were you running dude looks sick

Im running 13s on mine how on earth did you get that fitment on the rear? what tyres were you running dude looks sick

At a guess, going by the trims I'd say they weren't 13's anymore lol, probably 15's :)

Hey, i was running 165 55s all round, had to cut away some of the rear springs and add camber but it rubbed a lot tbh, not cool

At a guess, going by the trims I'd say they weren't 13's anymore lol, probably 15's :)

On the blue one im still on standard steels, just oversized wheel trims

little update, smoked headlights, tinted front indicators, orange side repeaters and black grill badge

DSCF0465-1.jpg

New wheels, more lows and a good clean soon :)

not much to tell really, 1.6 driver with a weber carb, it was the daily before the lupo

DSCF0259.jpg

Its sat on the drive at the minute doing nothing, no idea what im going with it either really

Hey, i was running 165 55s all round, had to cut away some of the rear springs and add camber but it rubbed a lot tbh, not cool

On the blue one im still on standard steels, just oversized wheel trims

little update, smoked headlights, tinted front indicators, orange side repeaters and black grill badge

DSCF0465-1.jpg

New wheels, more lows and a good clean soon :)

Im running 175/50 and took ajusters out today and sit perfect now, lots of rubbing so arch roller be out soon haha.

Im running 175/50 and took ajusters out today and sit perfect now, lots of rubbing so arch roller be out soon haha.

Sweet, yeah i had to roll my arches a lot, you'll want it lower after a while. i never bothered with adjusters :)

The suspension from the green one is now on the blue one

Thought it was this one, my bad.

No worries dude, quite like that one :)

not much of an update, but here goes

Took the RM's off the golf and decided to put them on the Lupo fothe next week or so

IMG_2832.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

sits really bad, and needs to go way lower, but the new wheels arrived the other day so i need to do a load of archwork and messing with the coilovers soon anyway

IMG_2829.jpg

These arrived today

IMG_2841.jpg

Brand new still in VW boxes, For less than £32 :thumbup:

I'm not fitting them just yet, i want to get rid of the lettering like i did to an old set, but the orange filters will be staying

Also started waxing the new wheels tonight

Hehe good work dude :thumbsup:

Keep us updated

Ryan

Hehe good work dude :thumbsup:

Keep us updated

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, getting there slowly

Also if anyone has a Jazz blue door for sale let me know, i have a taffeta green one but debating on whether to paint it or not

IMG_2837-1.jpg

:(

The cars always been like ths btw, just decided it finally needs fixing, i was going to get new wings too but for what i've got planned the wings will buggered anyway

Edited by hodge112

really starting to come together looks good fella :)

Cheers dude :)

So a bit of a productive day today, i took the coilovers from the front of the mk2 and put them on the lupo, the main reason for this being the ones on the Lupo were seized solid, and wouldn't go low enough.

Did that then gave the Lupo a quick wash, and took a couple of pictures. ignore how the rear sits because i'm going to wait until i fit the Rotas before i mess with it. I also need a chassis notch now too

IMG_2852.jpg

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

IMG_2859.jpg

I've been on and off the drive like twice...

IMG_2860.jpg

Need to take the ARB off tommorow

ARB taken off

IMG_2861.jpg

Whilst i was under there, i noticed there's no exhaust clamp joining the downpipe to the cat, and the sump at some point has had a really big hit and got a massive dent in it

So yeah bit of a bummer :thumbdown: