Bad Driver Stories

Skezza

I had a bloke cut me up coming off a roundabout, without indicating & having been in the wrong lane, so I gave him the obligatory beep. Then when we were stopped in traffic I could see him looking at me in his rear view & shouting abuse to himself so I gave him the international sign language for 'w@nker' (standard practice imo), he gets out of his car, walks back to mine & starts trying to pull my door open. This is when I had the Clio which locked itself so I just sat there with a bemused smile before pointing behind me & saying 'traffic's backing up mate'. He was a proper meathead so I was pretty thankful the doors were locked or it could have got ugly, as it was it was quite funny.

Christ, I'm surprised he didn't punch the window lol! Sounds like a proper fruitcake!

What would you of done of he had punched you though !

You technically instigated the situation which would of just simmered down and both drove off nicely if you hadn't pf have him the **** sign.

What would you of done of he had punched you though !

You technically instigated the situation which would of just simmered down and both drove off nicely if you hadn't pf have him the **** sign.

Lol, Scotty, there's no way you are going to be able to justify assault because someone flipped you the **** sign, surely? Edited by Skezza

Not at all.

But why antagonise a situation which is known to lead to violence (road rage) when it had all but settled.

If your prepared to give the **** sign and deal with the probably conciseness then that's cool

I'm going to assume you mean probable consequences :P;)

And yes, if someone cuts me up & then gives me abuse for daring to beep at them for it they're going to get some abuse back, and if they're neanderthal enough to think that warrants violence so be it. Especially in front of lunchtime traffic amount of witnesses, round the corner from the Police station :lol:

I was thinking about this & came to the realisation that what we're talking about here is basically road trolling :lol:

I was thinking about this & came to the realisation that what we're talking about here is basically road trolling :lol:

Lol!! Road trolling, I like that :D

If someone cut you up walking along the street would the scenario be different, or is confrontation when inside a car almost like doing it in a safety bubble ?

How you you get cut up while walking? :lol:

I'm sure you're a picture of serenity when you're driving eh scotty ;)

Nope far from it, but I don't post up stories griefiing other people's drivig whilst showing the ineptness of my own !

Koop you've never been to London, Manchester or the metro centre at Xmas then? Believe me you can be cut up, bumped into, barged past etc etc etc

Would you at that point stop someone walking past you in the confines of say an escalator, walk at the same speed as them or stad next to someone Walton the same speed so they couldnt pass ?

Basically showing that the rules of real life get thrown out the window once we step inside a car, in real life if you done any of these things you would get a punch in the mouth, or at least a major verbal rant and a bit pushing.

Edited by scotty_82

If someone cut you up walking along the street would the scenario be different, or is confrontation when inside a car almost like doing it in a safety bubble ?

In all honesty scotty, if someone intentionally pushed in front of me while walking, yeah I would be a little bit irritated. It's rude. Okay, if they walk past me then walk in front fine, but the amount of times some pushy idiot has tried to shove me out the way and I've actually said something. So no, the scenario in my opinion is not different. The only difference is, if some idiot tries to push me out the way, the worst that can happen is I get irritated. In a car..

Edit: I agree. I would not stop someone walking faster than me, but we don't have rules on the speed we can walk and we don't have rules that say we can't walk past someone on the left hand side of them. Those rules do exist on the road. You're muddying water by comparing something that isn't regulated by something that is.

Edited by Skezza

Ok I suppose someone pushing in front of you is equivalent to getting cut up on the road. Look I'm not saying winding up nobhead drivers is the right thing to do, just that it's funny. And yes, people act differently in their car, those same nobhead drivers probably wouldn't run down a busy street hurling abuse at people for being in their way.

Let's just assume general manors and laws of the roads are the same thing.

Now your walking along in a supermarket and someone jumps infront of you halting you in your tracks just as your reaching for a wedge of red Leicester, now that is annoying.

Do you A- just he on with it and pick up your cheese in a few seconds or B- give him the **** sign ?

Now further round your paths cross again, in the tinned food isle, your both walkig in the same direction down the isle towards the tinned diced/chopped tomatoes, the guy is obviously in a hurry probably because he is parked in a disabled bay ! But the issue is there is a bit of a rush on goig the opposite direction as everyone wants to get to the checkouts before the footy starts

Now the guy behind is getting agitated, itching to be past but your walking a normal pace as to not miss the sweet corn, what do you do next ?

A- keep going to same pace and annoy him as you can hear him muttering under his breathe ?

B- pull in next to the pinto beans and just let him get by ?

C- go exactly on old peoples pace annoying him more and giggling a little bit then speeding up as he goes to get passed ?

Let's just assume general manors and laws of the roads are the same thing.

Now your walking along in a supermarket and someone jumps infront of you halting you in your tracks just as your reaching for a wedge of red Leicester, now that is annoying.

Do you A- just he on with it and pick up your cheese in a few seconds or B- give him the **** sign ?

Now further round your paths cross again, in the tinned food isle, your both walkig in the same direction down the isle towards the tinned diced/chopped tomatoes, the guy is obviously in a hurry probably because he is parked in a disabled bay ! But the issue is there is a bit of a rush on goig the opposite direction as everyone wants to get to the checkouts before the footy starts

Now the guy behind is getting agitated, itching to be past but your walking a normal pace as to not miss the sweet corn, what do you do next ?

A- keep going to same pace and annoy him as you can hear him muttering under his breathe ?

B- pull in next to the pinto beans and just let him get by ?

C- go exactly on old peoples pace annoying him more and giggling a little bit then speeding up as he goes to get passed ?

Wow, that's... erm... one way of looking at it lol.

To your first one, I would be pretty irritated and while I haven't given anyone the **** sign, I have made comments before to people who have shoved past me as I'm about to pull something off the shelf yes. No, nothing perhaps as obviously insulting as the middle finger salute or anything like that, but a few weeks ago, a lady shoved past me with a pram as I was with my girlfriend and rolled the wheels over her feet and I actually said "excuse me wouldn't have hurt". So yes, I would say something if I felt it was necessary and that the person shoving past had intentionally done it and it wasn't just an accident.

As for the second one, I'd say a similar answer again and this is a common one. Me and my girlfriend sometimes toodle along at a slower pace than absolutely rapid and sometimes you'll get some asshole right behind you huffing and puffing. The answer is not C obviously, so perhaps you've caught me there but the answer definitely ISN'T B. Firstly, I would not walk faster just because some turnip is right up my chuff and why the **** should I move to let them past? In a supermarket I imagine it's almost impossible to find a situation where you are stuck behind people walking incredibly slow. The isle's are huge. So even if we're walking slow, the people to the right or left of us are probably walking fast.

Maybe I'm just a rude son of a bitch, but the end of the day, again, why should anyone be intimidated by someone being impatient. No doubt if the football was on I wouldn't be toodling along, I'd be running like everyone else and if someone was walking slow.......... I'd go round them wouldn't I?

Oh for god sake, is this still going?!

I even tried to lighten it up with a supermarket analogy, no one is playing though

Firsty. Iv not bothered reading any of this. I saw your reply to scotty was longer than the bible so didn't bother.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that iv officially been "out typed". I used to type some s*** but good god...!

Usually this sort of thing would have degenerated into a slanging match and been locked but our Skezza's really holding his own with reasoned articulate argument and ****. The slanging match would probably have been more entertaining but still, fair go to the fella.